Windows 10: Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up

Discus and support Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10. ver 19043Whenever I boot up Windows, after a minute it will often hang for a few minutes. Whatever is running will mostly run, though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LighthopeEF, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up

Windows 10. ver 19043Whenever I boot up Windows, after a minute it will often hang for a few minutes. Whatever is running will mostly run, though sometimes it will stop. Like Windows Media Player will continue to play. But try and run a new programme and it won't even load. Cntl-Alt-Click won't bring up Task Manager. Everything just stops.But after a few minutes it will run as normal.I tried looking at Task Manager by bringing it up just after boot up and before everything hangs to see if something is sucking up the CPU, but it doesn't show any unusual activity.Virus scan shows nothing.T

:)

LighthopeEF, Jun 10, 2021

2. 2 minute hang on Windows Logo during boot (Windows 10 18362)

About a week ago my system started hanging for 2 minutes on the Windows spinning circle during boot. After the 2 min hang, it continues to boot normally and all seems well. I captured the point during boot in the Windows System Event Logs:

Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up 45f0c59e-9c9c-46c0-bf33-f101068daffe?upload=true.png

Nothing about the logs before or after the 2 min hang seem odd. Going back a few weeks, you can see there is no 2 min hang here:

Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up cc1343ff-1485-4cb6-9699-8175a3105684?upload=true.png

There is no difference in the content of the logs either.

I've tried updating my display drivers, and disabling "fast boot", and the issue is still happening.

I have not installed any new software or drivers between the time when it was working fine, and the time when the 2 min hang started, but it's possible that something updated automatically.

Any suggestions about how to track down where this hang is coming from would be appreciated.

Ariel Sibley, Jun 10, 2021
  3. raptori Win User
    vista hang's on booting

hi i have vista ultimate sp1 and it hangs on the booting when the logo suppose to appear and it hangs for 1-2 minutes and then continue booting normally i have xp and vista and both have the same problem which happens from time to time..... my spec:::: xpsp2 and vista ultimate sp1----cpu:Q6600@2.4Ghz-mobo:asus P5KR p35----ram:2*1GB----HDD:WC120GB----VGA:geforce 8800GTS320MB.... any one know whats the problem??

raptori, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up

query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up

1. Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up - Similar Threads - hangs few minutes

2. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: Here is the latest dump file. After driver verifier enabled and after three time bsod https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmYUJW9O45_oRQUKyr4879wXptv?e=twMwSC...
  3. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: Here is the latest dump file. After driver verifier enabled and after three time bsod https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmYUJW9O45_oRQUKyr4879wXptv?e=twMwSC...
  4. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1024ax faces saveral bsod while on pluged in with different codes each time but on battery no bsod is happen. whats going on with my laptop ....
  6. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1024ax faces saveral bsod while on pluged in with different codes each time but on battery no bsod is happen. whats going on with my laptop ....
  7. boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.: So I had this problem for a while now, boot takes very long time. I thought it was my SSD starting to die out, So I bought a new one, NVME this time Samsung 970 EVO Plus, I cloned my old ssd to the new one, and now using the new one instead for operation system, and still...
  8. Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up: Hello everyone, I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen freezes and sound buzzing noises, after 15-20 min after I boot up the computer. Or after suspending the computer. Unfortunatly...
  9. Bit Locker key each time I boot up

Bit Locker key each time I boot up: I had my computer with Hp they triggered my Bit Locker and now each time I boot up it asks for the recovery key. I have already put it in twice. My keyboard also won't work on certain sites mainly Microsoft. What can I do?...
  10. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...