Windows 10: Windows hangs on loading circle with a SATA drive attached

Discus and support Windows hangs on loading circle with a SATA drive attached in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently added a SATA drive and copied over a bunch of files to it. Everything was working fine for a day or so. Now, Windows will hang on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lwvfx, Aug 29, 2020.

1. /u/lwvfx Win User

Windows hangs on loading circle with a SATA drive attached

I have recently added a SATA drive and copied over a bunch of files to it. Everything was working fine for a day or so.

Now, Windows will hang on the loading screen, the circle will just continuously spin round. I have left it for up to an hour before to see if it was just being slow.

I replaced the SATA drive thinking it was a bad drive, but this has happened again on a second drive.

It’s confusing because at first the drive works well, only after some data has been written to it and a few reboots it’s starts misbehaving.

Can anyone help? Most of my googling is bringing up people having issues with their bios choosing the wrong boot drive. I don’t believe this is the problem here since it gets to a Windows loading screen....

submitted by /u/lwvfx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lwvfx, Aug 29, 2020

2. Windows Store hangs with loading circle on Windows 10

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Windows Store as it hangs with loading circle. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer:
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Clear the Store cache:

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.

• Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter

• Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Method 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Windows loading circles not appearing

Hello,

I understand that the loading circles is not appearing while the Windows loads but the Windows loads normally.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you facing any issues in Windows after it loads?
    • Did this happen after any recent updates installed?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Hans5958 Win User

Windows 10 Setup freeze/hangs at logo, loading circle not appearing

I just want to create my own Win10 here, but when I setup the VMs, and running it, It wasn't go well, It froze!
    I have tried add the size to 21GB, using UEFI, and deleting the EFI folder, but still not working
    Any clue?

Here are my VM Specs :

Windows hangs on loading circle with a SATA drive attached [​IMG]

Thanks! *Biggrin

Hans5958, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows hangs on loading circle with a SATA drive attached - Similar Threads - hangs loading circle

2. Black screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with loading circle: After using my Lenovo Idepad Flex 51 laptop, I asked it to Update and Restart. After 5 mins or so, I saw a black screen, assumed it had not restarted, so I used the power button. All I have now is a black screen and a loading circle that keeps clicking to a cursor. It will...
  3. Black Screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with loading circle: I updated my computer before I turned it off. It updated our Window's 10 to Windows 11, which my husband did not want due to issues when gaming. He tired the option to restore computer the computer to before the update and now we have a black screen with a loading circle. I...
  4. Windows 10 blue loading circle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 blue loading circle: I'm having a problem with the blue loading circle constantly flashing next to my cursor even if I have no programs open. I've tried to disable different services but nothing has helped. Even if I disable all the non-Windows services from the start up, the blue circle still...
  5. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.: I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. It’s a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.: I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. Its a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on ‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle: I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. It’s a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Windows 10 hangs and everything is loading slow. [Screenshot attached]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs and everything is loading slow. [Screenshot attached]: After normal use of my pc, say 3 hrs or more. 1. the windows panel UI is not loading. only the window app border is visible, after several mins, the UI is displayed. 2. I can't select the folders selected not showing, but if i click that folder and enter it goes to the...
  9. Change Windows loading circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows loading circle: [ATTACH] https://i.redd.it/k3kkl5iwmxm41.gif I want to change the default windows loading circle to a different animation. I think that the circle could be more entertaining to watch while waiting if it were something like calming cat. Does anybody know if this is...
  10. Windows 10 Setup freeze/hangs at logo, loading circle not appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup freeze/hangs at logo, loading circle not appearing: I just want to create my own Win10 here, but when I setup the VMs, and running it, It wasn't go well, It froze! I have tried add the size to 21GB, using UEFI, and deleting the EFI folder, but still not working Any clue? Here are my VM Specs : [img] Thanks! *Biggrin...