Windows 10: Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected

Discus and support Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I connect a USB C 3.1 Device (portable hard drive) to my PCs connection - either motherboard USB C connection or my newly purchased 2-port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maliburns, Jan 14, 2019.

1. maliburns Win User

Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected

Every time I connect a USB C 3.1 Device (portable hard drive) to my PCs connection - either motherboard USB C connection or my newly purchased 2-port 3.1 Gen 2 card, Windows 10 fully crashes and I am not able to repair it.

I have to fully reinstall Windows 10 every time.

I have tried uninstalling the USB Drivers, sourcing new drivers and even old drivers.

I'm at a complete loss of what to do.

:)

maliburns, Jan 14, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 14, 2019
  3. SVLingam Win User
    My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata connection is much faster speed and I have a eSata to USB3 adaptor cable which works fine on the Medion PC.
    I want to use this external drive of a newer PC that only has USB 2 and 3 connections. It works fine plugged into both USB2 and USB3 with the standard USB to USB cable.
    But plugging the eSata to USB3 cable in nothing happens.
    I have tried to see if I can get a driver from Medion but the unit is not listed on their web site.
    Also have tried to see if I can get a driver on the internet and did install one that looked hopeful but did not help.
    Attached are images of the showing the drivers in use on the Medion PC (Windows 10 Home 32 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable and eSata to USB cable.
    Also attached is image of driver in use on newer PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable.

Older Medion PC says when connected with eSata to USB cable that External Hard Drive is a ASMT 2115 USB device - disk drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006)
    and when connected by USB to USB cable as Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006).

On newer PC (Win 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable it says Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.1613 21/06/2006).

Any suggestions on how to get the eSata to USB3 cable connection for this externasl hard drive to work on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC?
    Would it be possible to copy some how driver from older PC to new PC?

Many thanks for any advice.

Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected [​IMG]

Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected [​IMG]

Chillblast2017, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected

1. Windows hard crash when USB 3.1 device connected - Similar Threads - hard crash USB

2. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  3. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  6. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

7. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  8. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...