Windows 10: Windows hard drive disappeared

Discus and support Windows hard drive disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jado_05, May 27, 2020.

1. Windows hard drive disappeared

Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when I shut it off and then turn it back on, the hard drive says “local disk”. I also tried to disk management and the hard drive isn’t located there either. (This happened before the update)

submitted by /u/jado_05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jado_05, May 27, 2020
  2. little cat, May 27, 2020
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, May 27, 2020
  4. Windows hard drive disappeared

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows hard drive disappeared

1. Windows hard drive disappeared - Similar Threads - hard drive disappeared

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hard drive just disappeared??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive just disappeared??: I used to use windows but i then installed linux for only a week and i came back to windows only to find my hdd disappear? my ssd works just fine but any idea how i can get my hdd to show up again? i tried looking through device manager it isnt there...
  6. hard drive just disappeared??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive just disappeared??: I used to use windows but i then installed linux for only a week and i came back to windows only to find my hdd disappear? my ssd works just fine but any idea how i can get my hdd to show up again? i tried looking through device manager it isnt there...
  7. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  8. External Hard Drive Disappeared

External Hard Drive Disappeared: I have three computers in my office. I have something called a DROBO on the network. Up until about two weeks ago all three computers could see DROBO. All of a sudden one can no longer see it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Hard disk drives disappearing

Hard disk drives disappearing: I have two hard disk's on my laptop one of them keeps disappearing and coming back randomly. My D, E and F drive keeps disappearing and comes back after many restarts. The Disk Management solution doesn't help as the drives doesn't show up there. Please help!!!...
  10. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...