Windows 10: Windows hard drive

Discus and support Windows hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have upgraded to windows 10 and and have lost the boot sector of the drive, I need to know how to move windows from the hard drive to an new hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoelVaughn, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Windows hard drive

Have upgraded to windows 10 and and have lost the boot sector of the drive, I need to know how to move windows from the hard drive to an new hard drive for the laptop. Drive will not boot , even with the base windows 7 CD. Will not boot a Linux CD either. I think gparted will work which showed the partition to be good.

:)

NoelVaughn, Dec 6, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 6, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Windows hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows hard drive

1. Windows hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  3. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  4. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  6. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  7. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  8. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  9. Internal hard drive isnt accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal hard drive isnt accessible: Hi,My pc lately didnt start, and showed up some kind of error message and started "scanning and fixing" my internal hard drive.After almost 7 hours of 'fixing', it finally booted up. But now theres the problem i can not acces it. i have another ssd hard drive so im able to...
  10. Internal hard drive isnt accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard drive isnt accessible: Hi,My pc lately didnt start, and showed up some kind of error message and started "scanning and fixing" my internal hard drive.After almost 7 hours of 'fixing', it finally booted up. But now theres the problem i can not acces it. i have another ssd hard drive so im able to...