Windows 10: windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

Discus and support windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using an external monitor as my main screen connected to my laptop, when the monitor goes into standby mode the laptop starts making windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KatrinIbrahim, Feb 21, 2022.

1. windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

I am using an external monitor as my main screen connected to my laptop, when the monitor goes into standby mode the laptop starts making windows hardware add/remove sound and won't stop until I move one of my peripherals to wake up the screen .I would appreciate any help on this issue , I've tried setting the screen timeout on both the monitor and the laptop to be the same but that didn't work .

:)

KatrinIbrahim, Feb 21, 2022
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

1. windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor - Similar Threads - hardware add remove

2. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  3. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  4. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor: I am using an external monitor as my main screen connected to my laptop, when the monitor goes into standby mode the laptop starts making windows hardware add/remove sound and won't stop until I move one of my peripherals to wake up the screen .I would appreciate any help on...
  6. windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hardware add / remove sound when not using external monitor: I am using an external monitor as my main screen connected to my laptop, when the monitor goes into standby mode the laptop starts making windows hardware add/remove sound and won't stop until I move one of my peripherals to wake up the screen .I would appreciate any help on...
  7. Windows Hardware Remove sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hardware Remove sound: My new computer is around two weeks old. From time to time, the Windows Hardware Remove tones descending notes A, F, E sound. I rush to the computer, but there's nothing on the screen. Any open windows are usually contracted to a smaller size. I only have a wired printer, a...
  8. Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor: Hey Gang, I am new to Windows. I came from Apple. Last time I use Windows was Windows Vista. My question is. I have a Dell Laptop and Dell External Monitor. Is it possible for Windows to remember your window sizes when switching from laptop display to external display....
  9. Cursor lag when using external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor lag when using external monitor: I have a Razer Blade Pro 17 (GeForce GTX 1060) and am using a Dell U2715H Monitor here are the specs (I changes the refresh from my laptop display 1 from 122 hz to 60 hz just in case that had something to do with my issue): [ATTACH] I've been having occasional period of...
  10. Notifications not showing when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not showing when using external monitor: Hi, I have a little problem about the notifications. My notifications are showing on my laptop screen(when I am using it), but not on my external monitor(only the number of notifications received, but when i click on action center, they disappear). I am always using one at a...