Windows 10: Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

Discus and support Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,After last windows update I started to get a blue screen error where the system continually re-starts. The PC tries to run automatic repair but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HJW_1999_&~, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

Hi,After last windows update I started to get a blue screen error where the system continually re-starts. The PC tries to run automatic repair but fails constantly. The error is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR. To do anything like removing updates I am being asked for a Bitlocker key. Problem is Bitlocker was not enabled when I set up the system, it seems to haver defaulted, this looks like a microsoft bug to me. When logging into my account there is no bit locker key. Has anyone seen this before?Note lap top is a 1 year old Lenovo and is essentially bricked.Any suggestions?

:)

HJW_1999_&~, Nov 24, 2022
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Nov 24, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Wombo Win User

Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

Windows Won't Update? (Error 0x80d0602)

When I get to the step that says del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat, nothing happens.

When I get to step 5 and type in
    • regsvr32.exe mshtml.dllN
    It gives me this:

Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update. [​IMG]

Wombo, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

1. Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update. - Similar Threads - has error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR

2. Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.: Hi,After last windows update I started to get a blue screen error where the system continually re-starts. The PC tries to run automatic repair but fails constantly. The error is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR. To do anything like removing updates I am being asked for a Bitlocker...
  3. Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR after last update.: Hi,After last windows update I started to get a blue screen error where the system continually re-starts. The PC tries to run automatic repair but fails constantly. The error is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR. To do anything like removing updates I am being asked for a Bitlocker...
  4. Application error 1000 after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application error 1000 after last update: After last update, several applications stopped working properly, freezing or crashing my PM into BSOD. In event viewer I found many application errors with Event ID 1000 about missing applications:• C:\WINDOWS\system32\compattelrunner.exe•...
  5. Application error 1000 after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application error 1000 after last update: After last update, several applications stopped working properly, freezing or crashing my PM into BSOD. In event viewer I found many application errors with Event ID 1000 about missing applications:• C:\WINDOWS\system32\compattelrunner.exe•...
  6. Application error 1000 after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stop Code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR: Hey there, last night I updated my PC from an old version of windows 10(I think around April) to the latest one, as I kept getting prompts to. I finally did, and initially my PC was working fine, until today I booted up my system and got the error code bad system config...
  8. Cortana has become stupid after the last update.

in Cortana
    Cortana has become stupid after the last update.: After the last update, I have had problems with Cortana. Eventually, I figured out how to turn the microphone back on, but Cortana has become stupid. No mater what I ask, Cortana says, "Sorry, I can't help with that." It no longer knows the date, time or any jokes. It...
  9. Windows 10 error after last update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 error after last update 1903: Dears, After installing last update 1903, first my Cortana program doesn't work as before, as it doesn't response to restart or shutdown my pc commands like before, and when I make my focus list off, it turned on again it self. so, can some one try to fix it, or telling...
  10. BSOD after last Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after last Windows update: I got a BSOD with WHEA uncorrectable error, but have had no change in the computer except trying to make the sound better last week and Windows update on March 2nd. Googled and found some 2019 complaints but when I open the sites all I see is very outdated posts. Looked for...