Windows 10: Windows has blocked access to file

Discus and support Windows has blocked access to file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update a program which I use to communicate with FDA but windows security keep blocking me, the warning reads "to help protect your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RegulatoryAffairs, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Windows has blocked access to file

I'm trying to update a program which I use to communicate with FDA but windows security keep blocking me, the warning reads "to help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file". I try turning off real time virus protection but it doesn't work. Help. Thanks.

:)

RegulatoryAffairs, Dec 11, 2019
  2. LGV
    LGV Win User

How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Windows has blocked access to file

How To Block Facebook

That's not going to stop a proxy. If you want to stop someone proxying you'd have to block their proxy server(s).

The only way I figure you could do it (without knowing what proxy server(s) they're using) is with deep packet inspection on the client computer (in case they're using encryption).

Any decent gateway server should allow you to block the codeen network and other common proxy servers/services (like Tor). Still not 100% perfect, but it's probably easier to implement than deep packet inspection.

streetfighter 2, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows has blocked access to file

1. Windows has blocked access to file - Similar Threads - has blocked access

2. Access to this pc has been blocked!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to this pc has been blocked!: This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After searching the web for a solution, I hit alt/control/delete and then selected log out? Change user? I then restarted pc, and...
  3. Access to this pc has been blocked!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to this pc has been blocked!: This subject was brought up back in June 2022. The message tells you to phone a certain number which is supposedly Microsoft Windows security. After searching the web for a solution, I hit alt/control/delete and then selected log out? Change user? I then restarted pc, and...
  4. Access to this pc has been blocked!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Protected Folder Access Blocked - " Your Adminstator Has Blocked This Action" - Windows...

Protected Folder Access Blocked - " Your Adminstator Has Blocked This Action" - Windows...: HelloI am just using my pc and I got a notification from Windows Security that "protected folder access blocked". After that when I opened windows security and I saw this. I was very shocked because my PC has only 1 user which I was working on. And never made an administrator...
  6. Access to Laptop has been blocked

Access to Laptop has been blocked: Access to Laptop Pc has been blocked said to contact Windows Support with a toll free number. Called & they said needed to access my computer. Is this real?...
  7. administrator blocked access to file

administrator blocked access to file: when I try to open windows defender firewall I got an error that says a admin blocked the access to a file called mmc.exe or something like that, if I remember this started after I changed some user perms on if I'm correct on regedit but idk how to revert that change, someone...
  8. Windows has Blocked unauthenticated guest access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows has Blocked unauthenticated guest access: I have a Music server conected to by network via ethernet cable but since the last Windows update 2004 I cannot access this drive any longer to copy files over to it from my PC, Has any one got any ideas as I have tried the Lanman workstation settings but this does not work...
  9. (Applicationname).exe has be blocked to access graphics hardware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Applicationname).exe has be blocked to access graphics hardware.: Type: Desktop GPU: No CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g with integrated Vega Graphics. Motherboard: MSI A320m pro vd/s v2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz 4gb ×2 Operating System Version: Windows 10 Pro Hello, I get that notification in the notification center and I get a black/blue...
  10. Access blocked to folders/files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access blocked to folders/files.: For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find but kept running into various blocks. Windows 10, v1903 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 143980