Windows 10: Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?

Discus and support Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I tried to open windows security app but it came up with this app was blocked by your system administrator. That really confused me because how am I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bronson Lewis, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?

So I tried to open windows security app but it came up with this app was blocked by your system administrator. That really confused me because how am I going to unblock it if I can't get in to unblock it? So if anyone could provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated!-Bronson

:)

Bronson Lewis, Jan 15, 2022
  2. AMX& Win User

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Jan 15, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Totally agreed with the editorial, personally I have a phobia for apps, they take the control away from you. Taking about security risk, what about the apps of the Windows store that are in themselves a security risk, and if so, will Microsoft takes responsibility for that. In my newly install Windows got crippled by Windows apps, namely I cannot update the graphic driver, and I cannot restore Windows to an early point. It costs me A$150 to get it check out. And I am advised not to any of the Windows apps in the meantime, until Windows store got the fix. But they've never informed you that Windows store got corrupted in the first place, how are they going to inform you it got the fix?

Hossein Almet, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?

1. Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do? - Similar Threads - has blocked security

2. What to do after a RESET of the Windows Security app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do after a RESET of the Windows Security app in Windows 11: My problem is that my grandsons windows 11 Desktop continually tries to re-start every 20 or so minutes. I managed to remove 4 viruses namely: Trijan Clicker:Win32/ Doplik.U , .P, .Q and .Z. using microsoft safety scan. The Windows Security App is corrupt and cannot be...
  3. What to do after a RESET of the Windows Security app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do after a RESET of the Windows Security app in Windows 11: My problem is that my grandsons windows 11 Desktop continually tries to re-start every 20 or so minutes. I managed to remove 4 viruses namely: Trijan Clicker:Win32/ Doplik.U , .P, .Q and .Z. using microsoft safety scan. The Windows Security App is corrupt and cannot be...
  4. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  5. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  6. Windows Security: how do I see folder location of app/process that's blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security: how do I see folder location of app/process that's blocked?: I like how protective Windows Security can be - but it's very frustrating when I can see the folder that's trying to be accessed... but not the file location of the app/process getting blocked.How do I find that?For example, node.exe was blocked. Node.exe is a common...
  7. Windows Security: how do I see folder location of app/process that's blocked?

Windows Security: how do I see folder location of app/process that's blocked?: I like how protective Windows Security can be - but it's very frustrating when I can see the folder that's trying to be accessed... but not the file location of the app/process getting blocked.How do I find that?For example, node.exe was blocked. Node.exe is a common...
  8. Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?

Windows has blocked the windows security app! What do I do?: So I tried to open windows security app but it came up with this app was blocked by your system administrator. That really confused me because how am I going to unblock it if I can't get in to unblock it? So if anyone could provide a solution it would be greatly...
  9. This app has been blocked...What app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  10. A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?: [IMG] This appeared on my screen. I unplugged the computer and turned it back on and it is still there and still blocking my computer. I couldn't get through to Microsoft Security Help - they just said the phone call could not be completed at this time. Has anyone solved...