Windows 10: windows has destroyed my computer

Discus and support windows has destroyed my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The thing is...the whole backup/restore/recovery thing really annoys me. I just don't know what Microsoft was thinking. They offered their free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jakethedog, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Bazz Win User

windows has destroyed my computer

I totally agree, from what we read on this forum this upgrade tool needs some serious tweaking to make sure that it is always possible to return to your previous OS. Some may call it nieve, I think it is impotence on the creator.

2. owensdj Win User

WhyMe, I don't think that would have helped much. Users would have just opted out of making the image before the upgrade. Few people even have the external drive they would need to do that anyway.

owensdj, Aug 21, 2015
  3. WhyMe Win User
    That's okay opting out but it at least it makes users aware. At the moment, MS is dumbing down the public. Making it so people don't have to learn.

God I used to love the days before Windows. It was so much more satisfying using a command line. You had to learn. Now things have gone too far in the opposite direction. Just a humble opinion

WhyMe, Aug 21, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

I wonder what became of "jakethedog".

There was something to his story that didn't compute. I don't see a Win 10 upgrade as damaging hardware.

I suppose we'll never hear the full truth.

bobkn, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Atomic77 Win User
    As I see it Windows 10 can not distroy a computer. Its the user making a a mistake or a outdated computer right from the start that may cause issues. Anyhow I am told that once you get the november update you can no longer go back to the old system once you upgraded.

Atomic77, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows has destroyed my computer - Similar Threads - has destroyed computer

2. Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has destroyed my laptop: I have a Surface Book 2 and I did the auto update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. My laptop no longer boots. I downloaded the Surface book 2 rescue from the Microsoft website. I got the laptop to boot with the rescue disk burned to bootable USB. I get the menus for the...
  3. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  7. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely: Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro I had done the media creation took process and every other process thats been listed to sort it. I also had the nvidia geforce gtx970 vga card device drivers...
  8. Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  9. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  10. Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer: Hi guys, so as soon as I heard about the new build, I went to install it. After it finished and booted back up, it displayed several notifications about removing apps because they weren't compatible, well thanks for confirming this with me *Huh Then I come to find that...