Windows 10: Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA

Discus and support Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To those it may concern I have had this ongoing issue for a while now. At times, my PC will hang on the boot screen for a few seconds and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaien294, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Kaien294 Win User

Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA

To those it may concern

I have had this ongoing issue for a while now. At times, my PC will hang on the boot screen for a few seconds and when booting in the error log will list a critical power failure error. The Kernel boot error is as follows Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. I am struggling to find any possible source for the error, and do not wish to disable fast start-up as this produces a further error, where my computer will hang on the boot screen for the same amount of time and sometimes up to 25 seconds. I sent the PC back for RMA to Asus, and they could find no issue with the windows image, device or ports. Therefore my only conclusion is that it could be an issue with my devices. I have replaced my mouse and keyboard, but neither of these seem to cause an issue...

This leaves only my desktop monitor, and my headset but I am not sure either of these end up needed to be rescanned during fast startup As this is believed to be the issue according to the Asus repair men

Is there anybody who can possibly help me? At this point unless I trace the issue, I may end up having to perform further RMA or find a replacement.

TL;DR: Windows fails fast startup, RMA indicated no issues and it still occurs even after full updates and driver checks. Replaced all USB devices with issue still persisting. Does the monitor/HDMI or headset Corsair headset have anything to do with this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Kaien294, Feb 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 1, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 1, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA - Similar Threads - Has Failed Fast

2. TvsuCommandLauncher.exe persistent message re. "failed to start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TvsuCommandLauncher.exe persistent message re. "failed to start": After four different "servicings" by Geek squad, this message still comes up on my Legion 5-15ACH6 Laptop Type 82JW R7 8G 512G 11H Intel i7 They set up 3 partitions C: D: E: though the one for software C: is not large enough..."Lenovo error code:C:\Program Files...
  3. Windows 11 Audio levels not persisting after start-up or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Audio levels not persisting after start-up or restart: My issue stems from not being able to keep my audio mixer settings persistent. I can set an app to say 20 percent while using my computer and everything is fine, but after I power down or restart, the volume mixer forgets the preferences that I set before and blasts my ears...
  4. Windows 11 Audio levels not persisting after start-up or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Audio levels not persisting after start-up or restart: My issue stems from not being able to keep my audio mixer settings persistent. I can set an app to say 20 percent while using my computer and everything is fine, but after I power down or restart, the volume mixer forgets the preferences that I set before and blasts my ears...
  5. Driver\Fast Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver\Fast Start Up: I recently have had problems starting my PC without a password or pin. I have done it for a very long time. I questioned the Community and was told to pose another question to help solve my problem: Driver\Fast Startup. If I untick the fast start-up, I can log on without...
  6. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  7. Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4: Hello. In 5.10.2018 i uninstalled graphic card drivers . Then i made a clean pc shutdown by windows 10 shutdown click. And it closed pc perfectly. Then of course i unplug gpu from slot. But today i boot pc with new GPU ,today is 15.10.2018 and event log reported this:...
  8. Fast start up in Windows 1807

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fast start up in Windows 1807: What would be the difference in my PC's performance if I were to disable fast start up? Would disabling it affect performance other than the boot time?...
  9. Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start-Up in Windows 10: Does this feature still exist in Windows 10. I ask because during the preview builds, I turned this off under Power Plan options to dismount all drives when shutting down to make sure that when I dual booted back into Windows 7, this operating system didn't see a 'dirty...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440