Windows 10: Windows has failed to install feature updates since December

Discus and support Windows has failed to install feature updates since December in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having trouble getting my windows to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Installation has been failing at 75% My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dannyjw123, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows has failed to install feature updates since December

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my windows to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Installation has been failing at 75%

My version is Win 10 Home 64 build 17134

Last failed install attempt on ‎26/‎07/‎2020 - 0x80246010

Now I see that its been attempting to install this update since last year with various errors.

0x8007054f

0x80070652

0xc1900130

I've used the update troubleshooter over and over, re downloaded that latest update and it repeatedly fails to install.

Under advanced startup options I've tried a repair which is unable to complete due to a corrupted file. However I dont know whether these issues are connected.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Below taken from the error log from SrtTrail.txt in C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt

Root cause found:

---------------------------

Boot critical file e:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. <---- I do not have an e: partition on my hard drive

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x2

Time taken = 906 ms

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490

Time taken = 330313 ms

:)

dannyjw123, Jul 26, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 26, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 26, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

Windows has failed to install feature updates since December

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows has failed to install feature updates since December

1. Windows has failed to install feature updates since December - Similar Threads - has failed install

2. Windows not stable since December '23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not stable since December '23: Hi, this is my first time trying this, since I've ran out of ideas in the last 14 days, trying to get my PC working normally.Since the middle of December, I have experienced random freezing of my PC, even in idle or seconds after login. If I was playing a game, sound would...
  3. Windows Update fails to install Feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update fails to install Feature update: Split from this thread.I have being trying to update from 1803 for 2.5 years. At first with automatic updated that always failed. After a while I tried all of the online suggestions. Everything short of a new reinstall was tried. I tried install from ISO, wiping all of the...
  4. Windows 10 That Has Failed To Update Since March Now Is Forcing Failed Updates

Windows 10 That Has Failed To Update Since March Now Is Forcing Failed Updates: I posted here due to update failures that have been happening since March of this year with no solutions to this on-going issue provided. I have been repeatedly pausing Windows 10 updates, since they all have been consistently failing one after another. I am finding now...
  5. windows failed to install feature update 2004

windows failed to install feature update 2004: install fails at 70% and rollbacks. Windows Update tells me the update fails: Last failed install attempt on ‎15-‎8-‎2020 - 0x800707e7 what do I have to do to solve this issue? logfile C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\setupact.log: 2020-08-15 20:52:20, Info...
  6. Windows has failed to install feature updates since December 2019

Windows has failed to install feature updates since December 2019: Hi all, I'm having trouble getting my windows to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Installation has been failing at 75% My version is Win 10 Home 64 build 17134 Last failed install attempt on ‎26/‎07/‎2020 - 0x80246010 Now I see that its been...
  7. Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017

Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017: So as I said in the title, my Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017. The version then was 1709 and the version that has been failing this whole time has been 1803. Although most of my Quality Updates are fine. [ATTACH] I ran the windows...
  8. Windows 10 Feature Update Fails To Install

Windows 10 Feature Update Fails To Install: Is there a way to stop MS from automatically downloading an update ? Several times MS had downloaded "Feature Update Version 1809" then failed during the install. The last time it failed to install with error 0x800700057. It has also failed with error 0x80070002....
  9. Windows 10 updated mid december and has been running dead slow since then.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated mid december and has been running dead slow since then.: Windows 10 updated mid December and has been running dead slow since then. Frequently get "Not responding" and generally wait another minute or so and it does eventually. Any thoughts? Is it just me?...
  10. Feature update failed to install

Feature update failed to install: Hi, I have a preveious Feature update that failed to download. My OS is Win 10, Ver 1803. This was way back on the 10-08-2018 when It attempted to download and is still there being displayed. I have taken a screen copy if you want to see the details? The word error is not...