Windows 10: Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

Discus and support Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) Upgraded from Win 7. I first upgraded to 10 a few weeks ago and the lock screen and need to enter a password was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Syncopator, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) Upgraded from Win 7.

I first upgraded to 10 a few weeks ago and the lock screen and need to enter a password was not displayed.

After a few days I returned to Win 7.

Now, having re-upgraded to 10 again I have the very irritating lock screen etc. I want the system to bypass this and boot into the desktop.

How may this be achieved?

Another idiosyncrasy is that the clock information at the right side of the taskbar is displayed with black characters ..... which blend nicely into the dark grey of the taskbar !

What's causing that?

:)

Syncopator, Aug 6, 2018

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

1. Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password. - Similar Threads - has imposed unwanted

2. How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen: Using Win 11. I have suddenly got an advert across the bottom of the Lock Screen. I use a photo from my photo library on the Lock screen and the 'get fun facts etc' option is not enabled. I cannot find any other suggestions for removing the ad - have I missed an option...
  3. How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen: Using Win 11. I have suddenly got an advert across the bottom of the Lock Screen. I use a photo from my photo library on the Lock screen and the 'get fun facts etc' option is not enabled. I cannot find any other suggestions for removing the ad - have I missed an option...
  4. Showing unwanted links in Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing unwanted links in Lock screen in Windows 10: Dear Microsoft team, Still facing problem in Windows 10 lock screen since a week. I have already turned off get fun facts, tips and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen option in personalization, lock screen but nothing happened. Please help! [IMG][ATTACH][IMG]...
  5. Locked out at password screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out at password screen: I have an HP 14cd110. I was hospitalized and someone changed my login from a PIN to unknown password. Don't know what answers to ?s are. Tried every combo I could think of. No luck. so I went into the recovery portion getting in by shifting during boot. looked like it was...
  6. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  7. Unwanted Password Storage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Password Storage: My computer seems to be storing the password for my password manager (Avira) somewhere and automatically logging my in/unlocking my passwords when I login to Windows 10. Where could the password be stored? I'm using Google Chrome, have deleted all passwords from Chrome,...
  8. Windows 10 activation imposible

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation imposible: [ATTACH] Hallo, I have the following problem: 1. Before I used my bought and licensed windows 7ultimate... I used the offer for the free windows 10 pro, everything was good. 2. A time ago, my windows 10 pro wasn't able to update it self automatically and I wanted help...
  9. Unwanted password sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted password sign in.: How can i get the Win10 to stop requiring a password to use my computer? 82953
  10. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777