Windows 10: Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

Discus and support Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Z_A_S, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Z_A_S Win User

Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get:

Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months 9d4fe57c-152e-4b4d-9402-c9b521d92373?upload=true.png

:)

Z_A_S, Oct 7, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months - Similar Threads - Has Been Updating

2. I cant update windows, its been months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant update windows, its been months.: I literally cant update windows, everytime i do it it is stuck at downloading 0% then after about 10 minutes it just says "we're having some trouble downloading updates", ive troubleshooted it and it says its fixed yet i still have the issue, i also am unable to install...
  3. I cant update windows, its been months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant update windows, its been months.: I literally cant update windows, everytime i do it it is stuck at downloading 0% then after about 10 minutes it just says "we're having some trouble downloading updates", ive troubleshooted it and it says its fixed yet i still have the issue, i also am unable to install...
  4. My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this: For the past 2 months i recently run into a problem where my pc will randomly freeze and ether black screen or just restart the error causing this is The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\8&5713897&0&0001. and i have no idea...
  5. Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates for months and the Troubleshooter is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates for months and the Troubleshooter is...: I am running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-has-been-stuck-checking-for-updates/926dc1ba-6672-4fcb-839f-9c76d3a8238b
  6. This optional update has been stuck there for months. I select it to download and install,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This optional update has been stuck there for months. I select it to download and install,...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/w3yhrdasuy261.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=76016ed42f560df95cc5781e2b0a7b60230d6445 submitted by /u/namesdemi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5wdt3/this_optional_update_has_been_stuck_there_for/
  7. Windows wont start. My PC has been like this for months.

Windows wont start. My PC has been like this for months.: Windows won't load it shows the logo and spinning dots. I tried the restart three times to get to advanced but I couldn't get there it just goes back to the windows logo and spinning dots. My Laptop is a NextbookFlexx 10.1 2 in 1....
  8. Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months

Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue in Windows 10 for months now. Sometimes when I delete a folder, some files, usually exe files, remain and I have to restart the system to be able to delete. This didn't use to be the case a while ago. For instance,...
  9. Windows Update has been failing for the last 2 months, tried a bunch of different things...

Windows Update has been failing for the last 2 months, tried a bunch of different things...: https://gyazo.com/eed6c7205022198e6de32d937ceba71d The February update (KB4537572) always fails to install and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've tried manual downloads, repair installation, and some things using cmd. Also I'm not sure if it's related but for some...
  10. My laptop has not been updated for at least 3 months because the updates fail. It was so...

My laptop has not been updated for at least 3 months because the updates fail. It was so...: This has caused too many headaches to count. I have never completely recovered from the chaos. I had remote assistance via MS Virtual Tech/chat, but they have yet to help me fix the problem. Meanwhile EVERY update fails. Should I reset the computer AGAIN? I lost 10 years of...