Windows 10: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

Discus and support Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adz, Sep 1, 2020.

1. ADZ
    adz Win User

Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk management, diskpart volumes and bcdedit.

:)

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Sep 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 1, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk - Similar Threads - has partially installed

2. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  3. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  4. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk...
  7. Apps installed in the secondary Hard Disk Drive can not be accessed after the HDD is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps installed in the secondary Hard Disk Drive can not be accessed after the HDD is...: My HP Omen has two drives, an SSD and a secondary HDD. I have used BitLocker to Encrypt the HDD. Every time I unlock my HDD, following a Shutdown or Restart, Windows Apps installed in the HDD can not be opened and an Error Message "[App] can't open because it is offline. The...
  8. secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10

secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10: Hi All, I am currently facing an issue with windows 10 in my dell laptop. I have added SSD as my primary harddisk and add my old SATA harddisk as secondary using dvd rom casing. My both harddisk get detected in BIOS, but as I restart my pc my second harddisk isn't visible in...
  9. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  10. Installing a large hard disk

Installing a large hard disk: Hello! If this has been asked before, please point me to the relevant thread. A friend of mine recently bought a hard disk 8TB and he did not manage to install it correctly. Unfortunately I live far from him and I will have the chance to visit him at weekend. Before...