Windows 10: Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

Discus and support Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop start-up has became slow after updating it to the 1903 update. First week of the update, the start-up was fast and worked fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ElijahPanique, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

My Windows 10 laptop start-up has became slow after updating it to the 1903 update.

First week of the update, the start-up was fast and worked fine, Apps starting, no errors, taskbar icons showing properly, following weeks i have shut down my laptop for rest but when I start it up...

The start-up was very slow. The taskbar was very unresponsive after about 2 minutes. system tray icons were gone (did not change settings).

For now I am only using the "sleep" option so I can use my laptop right after opening it. Is this something about my apps that will start on start-up? system problems?

:)

ElijahPanique, Jun 25, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Slow Shutdown and Restart

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter to resolve the random power issue.

Run the built in Power Troubleshooter on the system.

Follow the steps below to run power troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box. Click on the
              Troubleshooting from the search results so obtained.

• Click on View all on the left pane on the next Window.

• Pick Power from the list so available, this would launch
              Power Troubleshooter

• In the Power Troubleshooter, you have to click
              Next option

• This will start the automatic detection and fixing of issues.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Also make sure all pending updates are installed on the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

computer will not shutdown or restart.

Try clearing page file at shutdown:
    CAUTION: This dramatically slows down shutdown times but hopefully it solves your problem.
    ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart [​IMG]

spearman914, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

1. Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart - Similar Threads - has slow start

2. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  3. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  4. Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted: My Windows 10 PC has connected to the APC UPs and not turning on after shut down the PC and when I turn the UPS on. I have to turn the computer on manually by pressing the PC power button. In Bios , ALWAYS ON and WAKE ON LAN options are active. I did follow the APC UPS...
  5. Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart: Hey Everyone, i brought hp laptop like four months ago and that time i installed win 10 and faced no issue. but yesterday i install again my window 10 but i faced isssue like slow startup 3 mins wait on hp logo and after it 2 min stuck on black screeen then show login screen...
  6. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  7. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  8. No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart: When I shutdown my desktop computer and then start it I have no mouse. If I select Enter on my keyboard I can get to the login screen. Then I tab over to the Power icon and select it with the Enter key. I use the arrow keys to move up to Sleep and select Sleep with my Enter...
  9. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  10. slow boot/shutdown/restart

slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows slow start up

2. computer starts fast on restart but boots slow after shutdown