Windows 10: windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save

Discus and support windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, every time I restart my laptop, then open Outlook, it asks me for the password for every single email account. I enter and make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustinChase, Sep 2, 2020.

1. windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save

A few weeks ago, every time I restart my laptop, then open Outlook, it asks me for the password for every single email account. I enter and make sure the 'save' box is checked. When I try to send an email, it asks me for the password. It remembers until I reboot, then it asks again.

Quicken asks for my Quicken ID password every time I start Quicken, or wake the machine. It should save automatically, but for the last few weeks, it asks every time.

The only thing I can think I might have done is to 'log out' of my microsoft account from within Excel, but obviously that should not break everything.

Quicken has no idea, and after posting on several forums, no one has any idea how to get windows to stop asking for my passwords constantly.

anyone got any ideas for me? i really don't want to nuke and start over, but I'm wasting more time entering passwords than it will take to just start over it seems.

submitted by /u/JustinChase
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustinChase, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 2, 2020
  3. edge ask to save some passwords and not others, can not manually save them

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask for which websites are you facing this issue.

I would like to inform that if we select “No” when a prompt is provided to save password for a particular website and a particular login, then it will not ask for the prompt again. To undo this, follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the options () icon and select
      Settings
    • Click on Advanced settings.
    • Click on Manage my saved passwords under Offer to save passwords.
    • Close the website for which the prompt is not offered to save password and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 2, 2020
  4. windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save

edge ask to save some passwords and not others, can not manually save them

Hello Jim,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Usually, when you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your username and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by
    default, but here’s how to turn it on or off. However, if it does not apply, refer to the below possible scenarios under which a browser would refuse to memorize/read passwords.

• The login form was submitted using JavaScript.
    • You previously said "No" when prompted to save your password for this username on
      this page.
    • The Administrator disabled AutoComplete in your browser using Group Policy.
    • The login form was created by JavaScript using the createElement API.
    • You didn't type any letters in the Username box (using drag/drop or copy/paste instead).

Before any further troubleshooting, try the Internet Explorer to see if the current issue is browser related or related to the privacy settings of a website.

If the above aren't applicable for the websites you are referring to, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and reset all the web forms and passwords saved in Microsoft Edge and then start afresh.

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.
    • Now select “Cookies and saved website data”, "Password", Form Data" and “Cached data and files” and click
      Clear.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save

1. windows has started asking for passwords which should be saved, but will not save - Similar Threads - has started asking

2. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  3. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  4. Saved passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved passwords: Saved email address and passwords no longer fill in on sites. I have to reset all passwords. I have tried every trouble shoot to fix. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/6ba6ad9f-9cbe-44a7-9033-76fb29960ca1
  5. saved passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    saved passwords: I accidentally clicked 'save password' at the time I created a new password. Now, that password is available to anyone who might click the URL where the PW is required. I need to un-save that password where I have to enter it each time I want to get into the site. How can...
  6. saved passwords

saved passwords: Following an windows update on Thursday 12th November 2020, all my saved passwords in both Microsoft and Google saved passwords have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/661af8bd-7e96-4478-bc13-d756978ecbb9
  7. Saved Passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Saved Passwords: I use Microsoft Edge as my browser for the Internet. Can anyone tell my where I can find the saved passwords? separate file, registry,... ? thanks in advance, gabril 162693
  8. Saved Passwords

Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  9. Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saved Passwords: I have windows 10 and I want to edit some of the passwords stored in my computer but can't seem to find the steps to display my user and passwords already stored. Can you help me by making it simple. I am 65 and not computer really smart with all the keys and steps. Thank...
  10. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...