Windows 10: Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

Discus and support Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows wouldn't let me delete an empty directory, saying I needed the computers administrator's permission. I am an administrator the administrator,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nugentjjc, Jun 3, 2020.

1. nugentjjc Win User

Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

Windows wouldn't let me delete an empty directory, saying I needed the computers administrator's permission. I am an administrator the administrator, and logged in on a local account. Now I can't run an emulator in Android Studio because it needs to delete some directories first and windows is denying it permission.

When I look at my account, it still shows me as an administrator.

This is a new problem, although I do remember a year or to ago Windows took a dislike to local accounts being administrator accounts. This silliness was fixed but seems to be raising its silly ugly head again. Can anybody suggest a fix for it?

:)

nugentjjc, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Tjs77 Win User

microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Jun 3, 2020
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

Windows 10 not recognising administrator accounts

In windows 10 troubleshooting/boot menu, i.e. when trying to perform system refresh, system restore etc, it doesn't recognise/list that there is an administrator account active on the computer or provide anywhere to enter login credentials.

I have already enabled the default windows 10 administrator account as well as creating an additional local account with administrator privileges but neither of these are detected in the boot menu.

Not sure what else I can do, has anyone else had this problem?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

StaceyHoward, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

1. Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances - Similar Threads - has stopped recognising

2. Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances: My mouse cursor has started moving by itself and becomes barely responsive when I sign on to my son's local account. This is happening on my home PC Windows 10. The circumstances surrounding the issue are very weird however. For some specifics:this is not a mouse issue, as it...
  3. Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances: My mouse cursor has started moving by itself and becomes barely responsive when I sign on to my son's local account. This is happening on my home PC Windows 10. The circumstances surrounding the issue are very weird however. For some specifics:this is not a mouse issue, as it...
  4. No internet and not recognised as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and not recognised as administrator.: On returning to my desktop PC this evening I found it was not connected to the internet. When I tried to run the troubleshooter I got the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " This...
  5. windows 10 not recognising me as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 not recognising me as administrator: Hi there At the following link: Windows security - app and browser control - reputation-based protection, I find the 'check apps and files' option is greyed out, making it impossible to turn it on since 'this setting is managed by your administrator'. However, I am the...
  6. Windows 10 not recognising Administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not recognising Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access ????@????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem is...
  7. My PC has stopped recognising my iPod

My PC has stopped recognising my iPod: I have had an iPod Nano 5th gen for 10 years. Until earlier this year it has worked fine, even with the dreadful iTunes interface how its creator can be seen as a beacon of good design is beyond me. For the last couple of months my iPod has stopped showing on iTunes. It also...
  8. No audio in some circumstances...

No audio in some circumstances...: When I play a video from YouTube or from an e-mail attachment I head no audio. But when playing music with Audacity audio works fine. Can you help me? (Windows10 #1903)...
  9. My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.: It says I am until I want to download something then it says I don't have administration rights. what can I do to change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-recognising-me-as-the/0e61493f-c7a3-4ce3-af9f-7e29b1d14335"
  10. Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photos has stopped recognising people: Hello, I like Windows Photos and most especially the way it organises photos and videos by peoples faces that you can then assign their name to. Sadly I noticed that around September 2018 it stopped doing this for photos added to my scanned directories. I have put in many...