Windows 10: Windows has stopped working completely

Discus and support Windows has stopped working completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on an asus computer and everything was fine for the past several months till i got home today. Suddenly it claims that windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Metal Wabbit, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows has stopped working completely

I'm running Windows 10 on an asus computer and everything was fine for the past several months till i got home today. Suddenly it claims that windows failed to update and takes me to the blue screen with options to fix it. I have restarted the computer, selected to diagnose the problem but neither worked. The computer will not start in safe mode and if i try to resrt it back to a previous setting it ecplains something went wrong. I allowed the computer to die hoping to force a hard reset with no luck. I even tried setting the computer to factory default only to have the computer tell me something went wrong and no changes were made.i haven't downloaded anything from any site but Microsoft store in the past few days, scanned it for viruses and quarantined everything it found before this started and have only been on Google and YouTube. I cannot figure bout what suddenly caused this problem or how to fix it. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated. I don't have the money for a new computer and desperately need one for my college classes. The only conclusion i can reach so far is windows suddenly decided to stop working but i know that can't be it.

:)

Metal Wabbit, Sep 28, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows has stopped working completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows has stopped working completely

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows has stopped working completely

1. Windows has stopped working completely - Similar Threads - has stopped working

2. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  3. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  4. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  5. Ethernet completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet completely stopped working: W10 pro 64b build 18363 So I was playing warzone when my ping spiked to 1000... game crashed due to the internet, then I restarted my pc and I got a blank screen. Opened task manager and restarted explorer.exe. This did not help but I kept spamming the restart button and...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Version 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.: Hi there, I am having a struggle to get Bluetooth working. After troubleshooting for weeks, installing new drivers and buying two different Bluetooth USB units, there has been no luck. I have tried the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and it tells me: Check Bluetooth radio...
  7. Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.: Hi there, I am having a struggle to get Bluetooth working. After troubleshooting for weeks, installing new drivers and buying two different Bluetooth USB units, there has been no luck. I have tried the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and it tells me: Check Bluetooth radio...
  8. Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook Flip and am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903 build 18362.267. My laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor and has ELAN SPI FingerPrint Drivers installed. Windows Hello used to work on my computer with the fingerprint sensor, I had it set up to...
  9. OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.: Ok. OneDrive has been nothing but trouble. This doesn't surprise me. It's a Microsoft product. However, in the past, when I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it's begun syncing again. Not this time. Nothing. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Three bloody times. Nothing is...
  10. Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!: OK, I'm in a mess! Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about 'c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop' is not available....... Nothing is working, there are no normal icons on the task bar,...