Windows 10: Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping

Discus and support Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 to the most recent version. After doing so I have noticed that when using edge snapping to displays two windows sides by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Subject096, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping

I recently updated Windows 10 to the most recent version. After doing so I have noticed that when using edge snapping to displays two windows sides by side that the windows for some applications have a small gap between them and the edges of the screen and each other. This is most notable with Google Chrome and the Setting app. Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping 74ddf86e-9688-4a4b-959b-c65e3a87aa6c?upload=true.png

I am running Windows 10 on a Mac using Bootcamp and have made sure that my display drivers are up to date.

:)

Subject096, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Evolon80 Win User

Shared edge with windows snapping

Thank you!

It does seem to work with other apps as you mentioned. But I 've encountered some oddities/bugs?
    1. Firefox snapping doesn,t seem to work properly when my taskbar is docked to the right side of my screen opposed to the default bottom. The bottom of the window doesn't touch the bottom of the screen when snapping resulting in not showing the shared edge. Wich brings me to my next problem Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping :)
    2. When the you snap to a corner so that it the window takes for example 1/4 of a screen, the snapped window will not show the shared edge with windows that are snapped to top and bottom

Evolon80, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Windows 8 (8.1) had a snap to edge function for arranging app windows Missing in 10?

Hi,

Snap assist feature is the ability to drag windows to the left or right edges of the screen to resize them to half the screen. To enable this feature, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Click Multitasking in the left pane.
    • Turn ON the When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it option.

Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping 33017680-61c4-413d-8210-19a485b32633.png

Let us know if it works.

Martin Bar, Mar 22, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping

Shared edge with windows snapping

It only works when you snapp application to side (1/2 of desktop).
    It works wit my Firefox, Office and explorer. Didn't try with others. Can be really useful.

AndreTen, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping

1. Windows have small gaps between edges of screen and each other when using edge snapping - Similar Threads - small gaps between

2. Windows snap assist not filling whole space, wallpaper seeping on the gaps of edges.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows snap assist not filling whole space, wallpaper seeping on the gaps of edges.: Some windows don't fill the whole desktop when using snap assist. I can see the wallpaper of my computer on the edges of the window. I can resize the left and right side of the window manually but the top of the window just snaps back with that gap. Is there a way to fill...
  3. Small gap between Spotify window andtask bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small gap between Spotify window andtask bar in Windows 11: I was using Spotify on windows 10 and it was working fine.One day I got notification in Windows Update saying "Windows 11 is ready for your pc".After upgrading to Windows 11, I noticed a small gap between task bar spotify window [Maximized].This is only happening with spotify...
  4. Small gap between Spotify window andtask bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small gap between Spotify window andtask bar in Windows 11: I was using Spotify on windows 10 and it was working fine.One day I got notification in Windows Update saying "Windows 11 is ready for your pc".After upgrading to Windows 11, I noticed a small gap between task bar spotify window [Maximized].This is only happening with spotify...
  5. How to enable windows to snap to screen/other windows edges?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable windows to snap to screen/other windows edges?: I've been using KDE's plasma desktop for a bit, and I love the way they handle windows. If I grab a window's title bar, and drag it towards the say left side of my screen, the window will "snap" to the edge when close. I can continue to move it further left so it goes off...
  6. Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.: [ATTACH] I drag the window (software) to the edge to snap-fill on the left. I close the software. I re-open the software. There is a visible gap between the edge of the screen and the software window. I've tried ShellFolderFix, I've tried right-clicking the window and...
  7. Small duplicate screen in Microsoft edge window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small duplicate screen in Microsoft edge window: I have a small duplicate screen on my Microsoft edge screen. How do I get rid of it? Does this mean I have a virus? my window version is 1803...
  8. Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time

in Browsers and Email
    Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time: With Windows 7, while having the browser Explorer open, it was possible to open a new window with the explorer on it also. I did that by right clicking on the icon of Explorer in the task bar and then clicking on its icon on the drop-down menu). So I had several "Explorers"...
  9. Small pages with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Small pages with Edge: I set IE as my default. When I open anything with Edge the page is so tiny that I cant read it. Every page is a rectangle of about 2 inches wide and a little over 2 inches long. Has anyone run into the same problem or know how to correct it? 11213
  10. Shared edge with windows snapping

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared edge with windows snapping: Hello, According to the get started pages of windows 10, snapped windows should have a shared edge that is draggable. Whats new - Windows Help I can snap windows just fine, only there is no shared edge for the snapped windows nor any option that I can find that is...