Windows 10: Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor

Discus and support Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed a small problem with the Windows HD Color (WHDC) mode of Win 10. I have a HDR capable 4K OLED TV and a 1080p monitor (SDR) connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManolloBango, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor

I have noticed a small problem with the Windows HD Color (WHDC) mode of Win 10.

I have a HDR capable 4K OLED TV and a 1080p monitor (SDR) connected to my PC. In the Windows 10 settings I activated WHDC and all its sub-functions only for the TV. Everything works fine on the TV, but as soon as I want to watch a video in full screen on the SDR monitor, the picture gets covered with a light grey filter after about 5 seconds. When I leave the full screen mode, the image and colors are displayed correctly again. After disabling WHDC for the TV the problem does not occur anymore.

Seems like activating WHDC isn't really restricted only to the desired/supportive display.

Hope this will be fixed ASAP.

:)

ManolloBango, Dec 14, 2019

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 14, 2019
  3. mathesar Win User
    Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor :)

mathesar, Dec 14, 2019
  4. jshhndsd Win User

Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor

Dual Monitor Setup

Hi Guys,

Just had my PC installed with Windows 10. Everything works fine except that my dual screen monitors are mirroring each other which I don't want. The system also only detects one screen although there are two. The graphics card installed is a ATI Radeon HD 3450.
    Checked the Device Manager and apparently the display adapter registers it as ATI Radeon HD 3450. However the monitors are listed as Generic PnP Monitors. What does this mean? I also checked for updated drivers for the display adapter and it only accommodates
    OS's up till Windows 8 (64 bit.) Could this be the reason for the detection of one monitor instead of two? I would be very grateful for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

jshhndsd, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor

1. Windows HD Color issues with dual display setup and full screen mode on SDR monitor - Similar Threads - Color issues dual

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup Issues: Hi Microsoft Community - Hope you can help. I am set up my 2nd monitor today at the office. Both of my monitors are up & running but it won't let change which is the primary and secondary monitors. I tried moving on the monitors on the screen and hit apply like the...
  4. Dual Monitor Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup Issues: Hi Microsoft Community - Hope you can help. I am set up my 2nd monitor today at the office. Both of my monitors are up & running but it won't let change which is the primary and secondary monitors. I tried moving on the monitors on the screen and hit apply like the...
  5. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  6. Dual Monitor Setup Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup Issue: So I've got a weird problem with my dual monitor setup. I've been using them for over a year now and randomly a new problem started happening. I have a monitor that's displayport and one that's hdmi. When I have them both connected, the displayport monitor will randomly go...
  7. HD color Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    HD color Dual Monitors: Since an update about 2 weeks ago, I do not have the option of 1920 X 1080 on my 1st display. There is no color display option. I have a 24inch monitor 1600 X 900 dpi. I purchased the monitors 2 brand new 2 weeks prior to the update and everything worked great. I've tried...
  8. Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup: After a bit of research, I figured out what was happening. I wanted for my "Photos" screensaver to show up on my primary monitor. Here's what happened: On my left is a 27" 1080p monitor; and right in front of me is a 32" 1440p monitor. Upon selecting the screensaver...
  9. Dual monitor setup, not working properly, HD 530

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor setup, not working properly, HD 530: Hello, I have the following setup: Motherboard: Asus H170-Pro CPU: i3 6100 I have 2 monitors Dell U2414H (1920x1080@60Hz) using HDMI LG W1943 (1360x768@60Hz) using DVI Windows 10 64bit with the latest Intel drivers & Linux Manjaro On linux the monitors work...
  10. Issues with dual display 4k + HD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with dual display 4k + HD: Hi all I have spent a long time investigating this with no luck yet. I have a 4k display and a second 1080p display. Using the Skylake onboard Intel HD 530 graphics. Either display alone works fine at native res, however in dual monitor config, the smaller display appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hd color for lcd screen

2. dual monitor color issues