Windows 10: Windows HDD accidently changed to RAW

Discus and support Windows HDD accidently changed to RAW in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i removed my HDD from my old Win 7 system I thought I'd see if I could load it on my laptop which is usually running Linux. The disk came out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bhcva, Aug 21, 2020.

1. bhcva Win User

Windows HDD accidently changed to RAW

When i removed my HDD from my old Win 7 system I thought I'd see if I could load it on my laptop which is usually running Linux. The disk came out of that being changed to RAW. I have been able to determine that using chkdsk, but an unable to get any other disk utility to have chance to recover it. Windows 10 recognizes the disk as H: but cannot access it and continue to try to read it.....forever ...essentially locking it to all other actions. Is there anyway to stop windows from trying to access it?

Thanks, Bruce

:)

bhcva, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows HDD accidently changed to RAW - Similar Threads - HDD accidently changed

2. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  3. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  4. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidently Changed Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Changed Windows Key: So I recently changed my windows key by accident and I can't seem to get it to work again. I used the command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" to get my original key but it doesn't work when I try and use it to activate. It also says I have a...
  6. Accidently Changed Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidently Changed Windows Key: So I recently changed my windows key by accident and I can't seem to get it to work again. I used the command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" to get my original key but it doesn't work when I try and use it to activate. It also says I have a...
  7. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  8. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  9. An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.

An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.: Had this happen today after the 14926 update. Went to save the .esd to my 2TB WD hard drive and received an error that the HDD was no longer there. Disc management revealed it was now formatted to RAW, all my data is gone. I see others are having similar occurrences of this...
  10. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...