Windows 10: Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings

Discus and support Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, this is a follow-up question to my two previous posts, here: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DucksGoMooful, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings

Hello, this is a follow-up question to my two previous posts, here:

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-on-new-pc-build-only-in-the/8192cfed-f160-464d-b4d7-38a32bb55e94

and

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-on-new-pc-build-most-often-during/cdd9ae66-6725-4164-b70b-ea8e8ccd8a86

I'm still experiencing this issue months later. I'll try to describe the issue again.

I built this new PC back in July, and pretty soon after that I began to find that Windows would stutter. It's very difficult to describe but it's very noticeable when begins to happen and it seems to persist until I restart the computer, at which point it will work perfectly for at least a few hours, if not days, before randomly starting to show up again. It affects both general usage like alt-tabbing between windows or browsing the internet or Discord, as well as performance in games.

I have no idea how to even search for help on this issue. I was worried it was an issue with my build, that I had done something wrong, but I ran a "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and it showed no issues, Task Manager doesn't seem to be reporting any abnormal CPU, Memory, Disk, or GPU usages. I have a program that can monitor the temperatures and those appear to be normal as well so I don't think it's CPU throttling or anything like that.

I've tried all of the suggestions in the previous two posts from the kind people trying to help me, but so far there's been no change in this issue, it keeps coming up. I can't keep restarting my computer so frequently at such inopportune times, and I've never had a problem like this before on a previous Windows 10 laptop. Please help!

:)

DucksGoMooful, Nov 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings

mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings

1. Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings - Similar Threads - heavily stutters often

2. Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often: Hello,Very often on my computer the touchpad becomes mostly unresponsive. What happens is that suddenly the entire middle part of the touchpad won't let you click or drag anywhere, only the very bottom left and right parts will let you right/left click. A workaround is to go...
  3. Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Becomes Mostly Unresponsive Often: Hello,Very often on my computer the touchpad becomes mostly unresponsive. What happens is that suddenly the entire middle part of the touchpad won't let you click or drag anywhere, only the very bottom left and right parts will let you right/left click. A workaround is to go...
  4. My pc is stuttering , not heavily but it is stuttering .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuttering , not heavily but it is stuttering .: Hold down Windows+X to run Windows PowerShell Administrator, and execute the following commands respectively in sequence:sfc /SCANNOWDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealthAllow the process to...
  5. My pc is stuttering , not heavily but it is stuttering .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuttering , not heavily but it is stuttering .: Hold down Windows+X to run Windows PowerShell Administrator, and execute the following commands respectively in sequence:sfc /SCANNOWDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealthAllow the process to...
  6. My pc is stuttering , not heavily but it is stuttering .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. heavily modifying the windows OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    heavily modifying the windows OS: you guys probably won't know this, but I want to know if MS's servers can see ANY activity that I do on my local drives if I'm connected to the internet? that includes *anything*. More than likely, not even Nadella knows this, but I wouldn't put it past MS to be sniffing...
  8. Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings

Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings: Hello, this is a follow-up question to the following one I posted a few weeks ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-on-new-pc-build-only-in-the/8192cfed-f160-464d-b4d7-38a32bb55e94 I'm still experiencing the same issue as in that post,...
  9. BSOD most often with only internet running

BSOD most often with only internet running: Need help with determining the cause of this periodic crash. Several weeks ago it would crash several times a day. Now with less frequency. Have uploaded the requested information. Thanks for making this simple. 73250
  10. BSOD Mostly During Gaming

BSOD Mostly During Gaming: I'm totally clueless on why my computer is BSOD-ing while I'm playing Dota 2, Overwatch, and just now with watching the TenForum video on the Posting Instructions(lol *cry). I've tried to lurk, try to fix it myself and see what I can find through the dumps and try to...