Windows 10: Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional

Discus and support Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After rebooting this morning my lockscreen no longer has a fingerprint option. In fact, the biometrics seem to be gone completely - neither Hello... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by davedehnel, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional

After rebooting this morning my lockscreen no longer has a fingerprint option.

In fact, the biometrics seem to be gone completely - neither Hello Face nor fingerprint options are present in Sign-in Options, just the blurbs that no Hello-compatible devices, camera or scanner, can be found.

I've noticed that similar breakages of Hello have occurred in years past following Updates; is this another one?

If so, what should I do.

:)

davedehnel, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Joker29 Win User

Hello fingerprint scanner

Hardware is Dell Latitude E653 with the built-in Broadcom fingerprint scanner. Windows 10 just upgraded put in the current Dell drivers, nothing in Device Manager showing an issue. Went to put in a fingerprint so login would be by fingerprint instead of
    typing password. Hello never seems to register my fingerprint. I have sat there swiping for up to 5 minutes and it just keeps saying to keep swiping. Are there any trouble shooting steps I can try? I have run the hardware trouble shooter. It claimed to have
    fixed something but it never said what.

Joker29, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional

What are the top ten (or so) fingerprint scanners that are best for Windows Hello?

What are the top ten (or so) fingerprint scanners that are best for Windows Hello?

I'm looking in to buying a reliable one. What scanners does Microsoft suggest using? Or do they suggest/promote any?

LucasMcCain1, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional

1. Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional - Similar Threads - Hello fingerprint scanner

2. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  3. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  4. cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint: My Huawei Matebook 14 AMD cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint. I have updated my device. It has worked properly before. I dont know what happen. What can I do to make it work again?...
  5. Windows Hello And The Fingerprint Scanner

Windows Hello And The Fingerprint Scanner: So recently I updated my Microsoft Surface Pro Laptop and It added Windows Hello which allows you to sign in, in different ways like 1. Face Recognition , 2. PIN, 3. Password, 4. Fingerprint,5. Security Key, And Picture Password. Well when I selected fingerprint it loaded and...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner not working: I am a student and I received a HP ProBook 440 G6 from my school which I paid for and own. On the bottom right of the keyboard is what I believe to be a fingerprint scanner. I tried searching for the answer to my question, and the only answer was to check the version of...
  7. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint: Sir, I have Dell vostro laptop with windows 10 home single language. Since few days my laptop's fingerprint is not working. On going in Setting a shown as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" and option showing REMOVE and ADD...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello: After the Windows 10 update of May 28th 2020 I am unable to login with my fingerprint. Going to Settings - Accounts - Signin options - Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows...
  9. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi there My fingerprint scanner on my HP Envy stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...