Windows 10: Windows Hello and Multiple Accounts

Discus and support Windows Hello and Multiple Accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Any advice on the following is appreciated. Situation: I set up Windows Hello to use fingerprint access for a regular non-admin, local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PhilK13, Jan 18, 2021.

1. PhilK13 Win User

Windows Hello and Multiple Accounts

Hello,

Any advice on the following is appreciated.

Situation:

I set up Windows Hello to use fingerprint access for a regular non-admin, local account. The computer has a regular, local account and an admin, local account. But when I need elevated/admin access on that computer, Windows prompts me to use my fingerprint for the admin account. I never set up the admin account with a fingerprint, nor do I want to. Other computers -- in the same situation -- prompt for the admin password as expected.

Why does this one machine ask for a fingerprint, for elevated access, for an account that was never set up to use a fingerprint, and why the difference between different Win10 64-bit machines set up in nearly identical ways? Again, I have other computers which behave as you'd expect -- when prompted for elevated access, it asks for the admin password, not a fingerprint.

Again, any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

:)

PhilK13, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Hello and Multiple Accounts :(

Zakin, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello and Multiple Accounts - Similar Threads - Hello Multiple Accounts

2. Multiple accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple accounts: I have more than one account and would like to view the account I currently pay for; and by using my current email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts/76c156a8-9387-4bb4-9abb-bbe0d7d787b7
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint multiple issues on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint multiple issues on my account: Hi there, I'm running Windows 11 on a Lenovo laptop. Recently, my fingerprint access option disappeared from the login menu. I checked in the account -> login options and tried to add another fingerprint, but I got the message "Fingerprint too similar...". I tried to hit the...
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint multiple issues on my account

Windows Hello fingerprint multiple issues on my account: Hi there, I'm running Windows 11 on a Lenovo laptop. Recently, my fingerprint access option disappeared from the login menu. I checked in the account -> login options and tried to add another fingerprint, but I got the message "Fingerprint too similar...". I tried to hit the...
  5. Multiple Webcams And Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Webcams And Windows Hello: Hi everyone,I have a Mouse webcam I use for Windows Hello authentication. It is no good as a general-purpose webcam the picture quality is bad. If I buy another webcam, will the Mouse cam still work for Windows Hello??I want BOTH webcams to be connected to the same...
  6. Multiple Webcams And Windows Hello

Multiple Webcams And Windows Hello: Hi everyone,I have a Mouse webcam I use for Windows Hello authentication. It is no good as a general-purpose webcam the picture quality is bad. If I buy another webcam, will the Mouse cam still work for Windows Hello??I want BOTH webcams to be connected to the same...
  7. multiple accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    multiple accounts: Hi I have several accounts created long ago, I could not get into recently for work. I was able to set up a work related account, which i prefer to use associated with. How do I delete the other emails and just keep the work related on? I'm not sure what my issue falls...
  8. Windows Hello with multiple microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello with multiple microsoft accounts: I have a personal Microsoft account and a work Microsoft account. During Windows 7 years I always used a local account, during Windows 10 betas and onwards I've always used a Microsoft account to sign in, because you were pushed down that route. As of yet I've always...
  9. Multiple Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Accounts: So I have two microsoft accounts, one outlook and one gmail, and I would like to combine them both as my outlook is my main one now but the gmail one is used for my microsoft subscriptions and my laptop admin....
  10. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...