Windows 10: Windows Hello (any machines with right hardware)

Discus and support Windows Hello (any machines with right hardware) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MS recently revealed Windows Hello, which uses biometric information to authenticate users. I am interested in this feature (and am starting to look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dumhed, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Dumhed Win User

Windows Hello (any machines with right hardware)

MS recently revealed Windows Hello, which uses biometric information to authenticate users. I am interested in this feature (and am starting to look around at new laptops since mine is dying). Now, Windows Hello will require hardware that can read some form of biometric data. There are fingerprint scanning laptops. That is not new (though it seems like some of the best ultrabooks out there don't have the capability). Anyway, the feature could also use an illuminated Ir sensor or iris scanner.

So, I have two questions... what is the best existing ultrabook with a fingerprint scanner. And... are there machines with illuminated ir sensors or iris scanners built in? Both seem like newer techs that maybe haven't made it into consumer devices... am I right?

:)

Dumhed, Mar 16, 2015
  2. SteveW59 Win User

Machine will not load Windows 10 after an automatic update

hello all, I have taken a Windows update on my Lenovo machine with Windows 10 and now the machine fails to start. I get start up error and the machine goes into diagnosis and repair mode. Repair dpfaile every time.

i have tried every one on the restart advanced trouble shootiing options, including start in safe mode. The safe mode options take an age to show on the screen and the machine switches off when I hit F4.

Machine is useless right now, any help would be much appreciated.

SteveW59, Mar 16, 2015
  3. Using of windows hello in laptop without any required hardware available

I live in India and I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 15, my laptop doesn't posses any of the hardware requirements for Windows Hello.

Will I be still able to use it with any modification or any external device fitted to my laptop, because I really need it.

RaghulRamesh, Mar 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm going to venture a guess and there is not likely many if any hardware that's available for this feature. If it is I think it would be something you would plug in via USB.

EDIT: Never mind there is a tool for this:
    Amazon.com: Microsoft Fingerprint Reader: Electronics

This one is 12$
    Amazon.com: Security USB Biometric Fingerprint Reader Password Lock for Laptop PC Silver: Computers Accessories

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    I would be careful about using biometric readers, unless you just want it for the convenience. For real security, these are not well proven yet. What's more, you can be compelled by police in some jurisdictions (like the US) to unlock your devices with biometrics where they cannot compel you to unlock a laptop or phone with non-biometric means.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Hello (any machines with right hardware) - Similar Threads - Hello machines right

2. Hello Pin disabled on machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...
  3. Hello Pin disabled on machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Pin disabled on machine: How do i reset my Hello Pin when I can't get into my machine because it is using the pin. The reset pin and other login options don't work.I just setup office and it required me to setup the hello pin. Now i can't do anything on my machine including safe mode operations.HELP...
  4. Hello Pin disabled on machine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help?: hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-cant-find-any-app-including-the-microsoft/fd087d08-cc9e-4076-84c5-2990167044d5
  6. hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help?: hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-cant-find-any-app-including-the-microsoft/fd087d08-cc9e-4076-84c5-2990167044d5
  7. hello i cant find any app including the microsoft store after resetting my machine? any help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Any program to spoof machine hardware like GPU / CPU for a game ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any program to spoof machine hardware like GPU / CPU for a game ?: I know there used to be one of these back in the XP days that could report to games fake Nvidia Geforce GPU with even software emulated transform and lighting but was never updated . Now whenever I research this topic again all i find are people claiming "but oh it will run...
  9. Bringing Windows Hello to any app

Bringing Windows Hello to any app: Hello On iOS you can request to bring up a Touch ID or Face ID for specific apps. Requiring to to go through another layer of identification before accessing the app. Is there any way to do the same with Windows Hello? Have Windows Hello pop up when selecting the app (in my...
  10. Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors.

Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors.: Windows Mail app continually shows errors against 3 MS accounts. On clicking the "Fix Account" box, it tells me to enable account for Windows Hello, you need to enable Windows Hello to finish adding <my@account>. If I continue I get "Something went wrong". This is a home...