Windows 10: Windows Hello appeared on its own

Discus and support Windows Hello appeared on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Windows update, Windows Hello popped-up and canceled my password. I hadn’t installed Windows Hello and don’t understand how to use it. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SilviaCusini, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows Hello appeared on its own

After Windows update, Windows Hello popped-up and canceled my password. I hadn’t installed Windows Hello and don’t understand how to use it. I tried to reset the password but I don’t know PIN code. Only resetting helps me to sign in

:)

SilviaCusini, Feb 5, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 5, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 5, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Hello appeared on its own

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Hello appeared on its own :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello appeared on its own

1. Windows Hello appeared on its own - Similar Threads - Hello appeared own

2. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  3. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  4. news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar: I noticed this yesterday. There is a new icon that shows local weather temperature and when I click on it, it opens a news page. I do not recall ever installing this and how do I go about removing it? Dell latitude e5530 laptop running win10 pro 20H2 ver 19042.964. Thanks...
  5. Scrolls on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolls on its own: I have had this same problem and a number of others people have mentioned since upgrading to Windows 10. Just to clarify - my issue is with the active window. Scrolling occurs on my windows in several different web browsers, Microsoft Word, Excel -- pretty much everything to...
  6. Windows logs in on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows logs in on its own?: Hi. So yesterday, I had closed my computer and today, I opened it and had to leave it there (due to some sudden errands I had to run). But then, when I came back, I found that the computer had logged in on its own without a password input and continued to perform my...
  7. Window downgraded on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window downgraded on its own: I bought my dell laptop in late 2015. Windows 10 came pre-installed. I have been using it since then. Today, when I switched on my system, it ran into some problem for which system suggested to do run hardware repair. After an hour or so, the process completed and my system...
  8. there is a problem of windows shutting down on its own and there appears a screen showing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    there is a problem of windows shutting down on its own and there appears a screen showing...: help me my laptop keeps locking on its own and show locking screen i think it gets into hibernate mode on its own it mostly happens while playing games. i have ryzen 5 3550H gtx 1650 8gb ram...
  9. Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update: Hi there. I was surfing the net when I received an alert to update my computer. I did the update, but then something called Windows Hello (which I had never heard of) had popped up, and the computer was refusing my password. When I tried to reset my password, I got a request...
  10. windows hello not appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    windows hello not appearing: i have fingerprint scanner..i works in when i was in windows 8.. tried the same driver in windows 10 but "windows hello" is not appearing in my sign-in option... any idea why? my laptop is hp elitebook 8440p and i'm trying to use its built in scanner 12874