Windows 10: Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While not yet present in the technical preview of Windows 10, a new feature called Windows Hello will bring biometric security to Windows 10 in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

Source

:)

A Guy, Apr 12, 2015

2. "The Weakest Link" - Windows Hello Weaknesses

Hi there,

Windows Hello was intended to make Windows more secure, but based on the information that I see, it doesn't. It seems like Windows Hello is only as secure as the "weakest link" of security, whether it is the Windows password, the biometric sensor, or the
    Windows Hello PIN. Depending on how these security methods are configured, the weakest method could vary. If the Windows (or Microsoft) password is weak, then this method's lack of security makes Windows Hello pointless to implement. If someone doesn't enable
    symbolic and alphanumeric PINs, then this method's level of security becomes the same as a weak password. The only way that the biometric sensor would make logins more secure is if it was the only login option. However, it doesn't seem like the other login
    options can be disabled. Therefore, biometric sensors would only improve user login speed.

Am I correct on these observations, or am I missing a key detail?

Webmaster2015, Apr 12, 2015
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows hello option is not available

Hi Rai,

Windows Hello is a biometric security system that uses either a biometrically-enabled camera or a fingerprint reader to log you into your Windows 10 device. To learn more about Windows 10 Hello and its activation, please check this
    article. It will also help you identify if your device is compatible
    with Windows 10 Hello feature.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Joan Pin, Apr 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

1. Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hello brings biometric

2. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  3. Biometrics security

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometrics security: I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-security/9b1614ce-afba-4197-a0e5-f36aec5c68a6
  4. Biometrics security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometrics security: I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-security/9b1614ce-afba-4197-a0e5-f36aec5c68a6
  5. Biometrics security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Biometric device not supported by Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Biometric device not supported by Windows Hello: After the latest update on 02-07-2020, windows 10 stopped recognizing my fingerprint biometric device for Windows Hello... ? Model of laptop: HP - Folio 9470m...
  7. Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic: Windows Hello sign in using Biometrics Fingerprint scanner pre-installed with LG Gram laptop only works sporadically. Every 4-5 days, Windows Hello bypasses the Fingerprint scanner and signs in directly. Even though Windows Hello has been set up with a PIN and Fingerprints,...
  8. Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files: Biometrics is missing in Device Manager on my Alienware 17 R4, One of the possible solutions I found on the Web was to go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver, right clich on Helloface.inf and select Install. I did that but it didnt restore the Biometrics option...
  9. windows hello biometric recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello biometric recognition: I am using windows 10 pro on my device. Initially, windows hello biometric recognition was being support on my device. But now it shows that windows hello is isn't available on my device. Can anyone help me out?...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint. For more...