Windows 10: windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps

Discus and support windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; OK to resolve this windows hello camera issue, I finally reset the device, which didn't work, then reinstalled windows 10 from surface pro 4 device... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Fed Up2, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Fed Up2 Win User

windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps

OK to resolve this windows hello camera issue, I finally reset the device, which didn't work, then reinstalled windows 10 from surface pro 4 device deleting all personal files and apps to fix a camera error after a windows update. Before then I reinstalled drivers, yada yada yada. I've done everything up to this point that I can find on the internet to fix this problem. The surface pro 4 will not let me install from the cloud, I have no idea why, not sure it would help anyway. The IntelR AV Stream Camer 2500 in device manager does not indicate an error. However, The NEW error message under the Microsoft Camera Front, Microsoft Camera Rear and Microsoft IR Camera front after reinstalling Windows is the following:

Device ACPI\INT347E\0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: ACPI\HYPER_V_GEN_COUNTER_V1\0
    Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF102
    Present: true

I've seen this issue posted but never is there posted a resolution. Why is that?

:)

Fed Up2, Feb 9, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 9, 2021
  4. windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps

1. windows hello camera not working after last update, have completed all troubleshooting steps - Similar Threads - hello camera working

2. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  3. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  4. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After completing all the step to Update Windows Media Player, I still have message that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After completing all the step to Update Windows Media Player, I still have message that...: After completing all the steps to Update Windows Media Player, I still have a message that said "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.Please reply to my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. After completing all the step to Update Windows Media Player, I still have message that...

After completing all the step to Update Windows Media Player, I still have message that...: After completing all the steps to Update Windows Media Player, I still have a message that said "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.Please reply to my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. windows 10 pc Black screen after update, none of the troubleshooting steps work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pc Black screen after update, none of the troubleshooting steps work: i did an install and shut down last night before going to sleep but noticed that my pc didnt shut down, just restarted. i didnt think anything of it, just turned the screen off and went to bed, thinking it might continue with updates. also my power went off this morning, not...
  8. windows 10 pc Black screen after update, none of the troubleshooting steps work

windows 10 pc Black screen after update, none of the troubleshooting steps work: i did an install and shut down last night before going to sleep but noticed that my pc didnt shut down, just restarted. i didnt think anything of it, just turned the screen off and went to bed, thinking it might continue with updates. also my power went off this morning, not...
  9. windows 10 pc Black screen after update, none of the troubleshooting steps work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Hello does not work after last windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello does not work after last windows update: After last Windows update on 2/2/2021 , Windows Hello does not work. I've tried troubleshooter,winscan, and a few other test I came across on the internet. I've updated the drivers, removed drivers and reinstalled all for camera, downloaded the camera from the store ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ACPI\Hyper_V_Gen_Counter_V1