Windows 10: Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera"

Discus and support Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have verified that the camera works because it is detected by the program from the manufacturer Logitech G Hub and the camera turns on and works fine... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by [User]AE, Mar 6, 2021.

1. [User]AE Win User

Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera"

I have verified that the camera works because it is detected by the program from the manufacturer Logitech G Hub and the camera turns on and works fine in the camera app and in third party applications.

:)

[User]AE, Mar 6, 2021
  2. spunk Win User

Dell camera driver

• To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.
    • If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 
    • From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera. Test your camera here
    Webcam Test

spunk, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

PhilBernstein, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera" - Similar Threads - Hello Camera says

2. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  3. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  4. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10: Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn onCamera on Windows 10Ive gone through the standard fixes, and had it working for awhile, but it seems that anytime WINDOWS updates are applied, it stops working and now it cant be reset, again. the computer is shared with another user who has...
  5. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10: Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn onCamera on Windows 10Ive gone through the standard fixes, and had it working for awhile, but it seems that anytime WINDOWS updates are applied, it stops working and now it cant be reset, again. the computer is shared with another user who has...
  6. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

7. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  8. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?: I have HP laptop. It has Win 10 Pro 64bit installed in it. From last few days the camera app is not working back then it worked fine. When I open the app, it shows "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected & not being used by another app." I have no other app...
  9. Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera": I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I have been unable to get this feature to work, I just get the message "Sorry, something went wrong Couldn't turn on the...
  10. Camera app says "something went wrong" while trying to record

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app says "something went wrong" while trying to record: Every time I were to start to record, my camera would say "something went wrong" with a bunch of numbers and letter underneath. Then, I followed a suggestion from Microsoft that happened with another person's microphone, and checking the properties to see if they work and all...