Windows 10: Windows Hello camera timeout

Discus and support Windows Hello camera timeout in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This post piggybacks this one I found from a while back:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Luke Sipple, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows Hello camera timeout

This post piggybacks this one I found from a while back: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...o-camera/46766739-78f0-4ebd-927d-12a21f7c162f

I have a desktop with a third-party Windows Hello compatible camera. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why when I lock my computer the camera starts looking for me and then times out and shuts off in perpetuity. So when I return to my computer and the screens are off, the only logical thing would be for the camera to wake-up with a keyboard press or mouse movement, but it does not. It sits at PIN login and I would have to make multiple clicks to fire up the camera. This almost makes the camera useless, as quickly firing off your PIN becomes desirable.

This has existed since early 1809 and now I'm on 1903 fully updated.

Please fix this behavior, Microsoft.

thank you kindly

:)

Luke Sipple, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows Hello camera timeout

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello camera timeout

1. Windows Hello camera timeout - Similar Threads - Hello camera timeout

2. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  3. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  4. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  6. Problem with Windows Hello Timeout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Windows Hello Timeout: I have a new laptop and thought I'd use Windows Hello Face Recognition with it. Bad move. Windows Hello is checking to see if I'm in front of the computer and in perhaps a minute's time of not seeing me is locking the laptop requiring me to do a new logon. This is...
  7. Set timeout for Windows Hello camera face search

Set timeout for Windows Hello camera face search: Is it possible to set timeout for Windows Hello camera search when camera blinks and searches for face? I am using multiple monitor at different heights and levels with the laptop and it causes additional time to look to laptop IR camera. Having that I sometimes don't look at...
  8. Hello camera

Hello camera: Microsoft created the facial recognition program hello So far so good But they forgot to deliver the hardware for it The cameras they sell are not compatible with hello You must use a camera from another brand.... I think that's stupid So come on microsoft show your...
  9. Set timeout for Windows Hello camera search

Set timeout for Windows Hello camera search: Is it possible to set timeout for Windows Hello camera search when camera blinks and searches for face? I am using multiple monitor at different heights and levels with the laptop and it causes additional time to look to laptop IR camera. Having that I sometimes don't look at...
  10. windows hello camera

windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello timeout

2. Windows Hello IR camera timeout

3. windows setting hello timeout