Windows 10: Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

Discus and support Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera even though I've had no software/hardware updates - it was during the day when I came... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Charlotte_79, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

Hi there

Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera even though I've had no software/hardware updates - it was during the day when I came back to the computer after a break.

Have checked settings and no clue as to why it's not available and no options to remove or improve the recognition can't be selected.

Can you advise what I should do please?

Thanks so much, Charlotte

:)

Charlotte_79, Mar 30, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Hello can't find camera, prevents options from being shown

Hi, Windows Hello requires a camera that meets quite tight requirements which are, unfortunately not very clearly stated.

I would consult your manufacturer as to its compatibility with Hello.

Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

dalchina, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Cameras no longer upload to computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

The issue might occur due to some corruption in the driver. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Hardware troubleshooter

1. Type control panel in the search box.

2. Click on troubleshooting in the control panel.

3. Click view all.

4. Click hardware and devices.

5. Follow on screen instruction.

Method 2

Uninstall and reinstall camera driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Locate camera driver and expand the same.

• Right-click on camera driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

• If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
      to install the driver in compatibility mode.
      Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.
    • Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
      • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
      • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
        ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The delay in camera recognition after sleep could be due to the power management settings configured. I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
      and right click on the camera device (or the appropriate Generic USB Hub).
    • Click on Properties and go to the
      Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      and exit Device Manager.
    • Place the computer in sleep mode and reboot to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to install the latest driver for Intel® RealSense™ Camera
    F200
    and see if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

1. Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera - Similar Threads - Hello longer find

2. Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 2.The device has a built in camera but when trying to set up face recognition i get an error stating "windows could not find a camera compatible with windows hello". I have checked:apps - Windows hello face is installed.Updates - all updates...
  3. Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 2.The device has a built in camera but when trying to set up face recognition i get an error stating "windows could not find a camera compatible with windows hello". I have checked:apps - Windows hello face is installed.Updates - all updates...
  4. Error - We can not find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error - We can not find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have purchased a new HP laptop from Costco.ca today and it's a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz with Windows 11 Home OS. I wanted to setup the face recognition sign in option, but getting a warning that the camera is not compatible with windows hello...
  5. Error - We can not find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error - We can not find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have purchased a new HP laptop from Costco.ca today and it's a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz with Windows 11 Home OS. I wanted to setup the face recognition sign in option, but getting a warning that the camera is not compatible with windows hello...
  6. Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible: hello my name is Jannetta, i need help to fix my windows hello face. i have tried to install helloface.inf, but it doesnt work Please help me[ATTACH] this is the command [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  8. Windows Hello - no compatible camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - no compatible camera: Hello, For about a month now, I have not been able to log in with Windows Hello face recognition. Under the logon options it says something like: "No Windows Hello Face Recognition compatible camera was found". Before it stopped working at all, the camera recognition didn't...
  9. we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello

we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello: is microsoft going to fix this - we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello brand new inspiron and this happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-for-hello/ee95104f-ccfa-4da7-bcc8-32048f039419
  10. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera: I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?...