Windows 10: Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.

Discus and support Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I got a new computer recently and it came with a feature I have never had on a laptop before, and this feature is windows hello. I have had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by michealriggs, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.

Hello, I got a new computer recently and it came with a feature I have never had on a laptop before, and this feature is windows hello.

I have had computers in the past, some which had finger print sensors, while most of the others had the standard password and pin number inputs, but this new one was cool. I thought, wow, I can open my computer with my face and only my face. Being so enamoured with the idea of this feature, as soon my new computer came to the door, I went to try it out. When I had first tried it out, I thought this is so cool, and there does not seem to be any flaws.

But then I got to thinking, how good is this face detection feature really... Other people have complained about how this feature does not work if you are wearing a mask which makes sense, but I was wondering if the technology can handle something a bit more complex.

I am an identical twin, and those who know me think that my brother and I do not look all that must alike, but strangers cannot tell us apart. So I thought I would give it a try. I took my computer in hand, turned it on and placed the camera at my brother's face, with my face hidden behind the lid of the laptop, and waited to see what the results were. To my partial surprise, and security horror, the computer unlocked itself without missing a step.

To make sure this was not just a broken face ID, I tried it on my other brother who is my identical twin obviously, because that would make him my third twin, and it would not work for him at all

This is, however, not without precedent, as when cell phones had first introduced finger print sensors, I tried to see if this early technology could tell the difference between us, and it could not. But now the technology is so advance that it can tell the difference super easily, and I can sleep at night knowing that my evil twin cannot access my personal data---execpt if the personal information is on my computer.......

:)

michealriggs, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows Hello Twin Test

Am I the only one with a twin who can unlock my PC using Windows Hello, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro

Somet kipchilat, Sep 18, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.

1. Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins. - Similar Threads - Hello cannot distinguish

2. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts: I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added my daughters login to the PC, my Edge Chromium browser thinks I'm her, even though I'm signed into the PC as my local...
  3. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts: I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added my daughters login to the PC, my Edge Chromium browser thinks I'm her, even though I'm signed into the PC as my local...
  4. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make it easier to distinguish between folders and files on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make it easier to distinguish between folders and files on desktop?: Hi, it is difficult for me to distinguish between files and folders as in Windows, the icon of a file is also shown in each folder. Is there a way to make it easy to distinguish between the two types? For example, on the Mac, folders are in solid color while files look...
  6. Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks: My PC has two Gb Ethernet adapters and a WiFi adapter. One of the Ethernet ports is not connected to anything and the other is connected to the router via a Gb switch. The router provides three WiFi networks: KRPMD, KRPMD-5G, and a hidden guest network. I've just replaced...
  7. Windows Hello Twin Test

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Twin Test: Am I the only one with a twin who can unlock my PC using Windows Hello, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-twin-test/8b30b5a4-3e9e-46cd-b071-ed4d360c058a
  8. Need visual cue to distinguish between each instance of a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need visual cue to distinguish between each instance of a program: Windows 10 - I have two instances of an application program open at the same time, each in their own window. The application program in this case is Family Tree Maker for Windows, Version 2019. I want to do all my updating to instance A and use instance B as a reference. I...
  9. Twin monitor Screensaver.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Twin monitor Screensaver.: This may seem a mundane question. However, it is irritating me. I have two monitors and when I start the screen saver it only shows on one screen. Is it possible for the screen saver to show over both screens? Many thanks for any ideas....
  10. TWIN UI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TWIN UI: WHY DO I HAVE IT, WHY CANT IT FIND IT WHY DOES EVERYTHING GO THERE? WHEN I LOOK IT UP IT ONLY TALKS ABOUT MAPS AND PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS SAVING TO THERE AND I CANT FIND IT AT ALL PLEASE HELP NOW...