Windows 10: Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

Discus and support Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work. The camera app works no problem I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartynWimpenny, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work.

The camera app works no problem

I have run updates on the drivers, tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing seems to work - any suggestions?

:)

MartynWimpenny, Sep 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work.

The camera app works no problem

I have run updates on the drivers, tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing seems to work - any suggestions?

MartynWimpenny, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows Hello - Coudn't turn on camera

Hi Franklin,

Please reply to a few questions asked below for understanding the issue better:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you try updating the camera drivers as suggested in one of the above posts?

Since you are facing the issue after installing latest Windows 10 update, I suggest you to please update the camera drivers (if haven’t tried) and check if the issue is resolved. The issue might have occurred due to incompatible
    device driver or incomplete update installation on the computer.

Refer to Update drivers in Windows 10 article
    and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the above issue for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

PhilBernstein, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

1. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help - Similar Threads - Hello cannot turn

2. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update: With the latest update to Win11 my PIN got messed up. It no longer allows me to sign in using the PIN, it only asks for the password and I cannot Set Up a PIN in Windows Hello. It keeps saying something went wrong. Ive tried different solutions with no result. Is there a way...
  3. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update: With the latest update to Win11 my PIN got messed up. It no longer allows me to sign in using the PIN, it only asks for the password and I cannot Set Up a PIN in Windows Hello. It keeps saying something went wrong. Ive tried different solutions with no result. Is there a way...
  4. Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. The regular camera turns on...
  5. IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white light on top...
  6. Windows Hello Cannot turn on the camera.

Windows Hello Cannot turn on the camera.: All of the issues I see about this are from 2017. I have an Alienware with Windows 10. The camera was working fine until just a few days ago. I can turn the camera on using the app on the computer. In fact I just participated in a zoom meeting. I saw a post where...
  7. Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.

Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.: Does anyone know how to get it back please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-cannot-be-found-since-windows-10-update/37bf53da-d1bd-464c-88c3-7050c8d3ef89
  8. since latest updates: computers turn on differently

in Windows 10 Support
    since latest updates: computers turn on differently: Good morning, I have two virtually identical Windows 10 machines (which you can look up below) that boot and are unlocked via my password. Both machines are connected to my Microsoft email account. Since the latest updates both machines boot differently from before. Machine...
  9. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...
  10. Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates: I had to update my Windows following the crashes on my Paintshop Pro x8 and when I tried to login using my IR camera on HP Envy, it said camera not available. Drivers are all to date but it has lost the use of my camera in general. Anyone else had this issue and how did you...