Windows 10: Windows Hello can't detect my camera

Discus and support Windows Hello can't detect my camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a brand new Thinkpad T480S running Windows 10. I tried to enable face sign in and I got an error saying it couldn't tunr on teh camera. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joe_0531, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Joe_0531 Win User

Windows Hello can't detect my camera

I have a brand new Thinkpad T480S running Windows 10. I tried to enable face sign in and I got an error saying it couldn't tunr on teh camera. Now I don't see the face sign in option under Windows Hello. Any idea how to get it back?

Thanks

Joe

:)

Joe_0531, Oct 21, 2019

2. windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello can't detect my camera - Similar Threads - Hello can't detect

2. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  3. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  4. Windows Hello not detecting integral Camera on Surface Pro

Windows Hello not detecting integral Camera on Surface Pro: I have a brand-new Surface but the settings say that a compatible camera cannot be detected. It should work but cannot figure out how to sort it out....
  5. My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello: Hi All,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s which has an integrated IR camera which is Windows Hello ready. My Windows Hello for Business options such as PIN and Biometrics such as Facial Recognition and Fingerprint was working well for more than a year.But 2 days back my facial...
  6. My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello: Hi All,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s which has an integrated IR camera which is Windows Hello ready. My Windows Hello for Business options such as PIN and Biometrics such as Facial Recognition and Fingerprint was working well for more than a year.But 2 days back my facial...
  7. My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello

8. Windows hello can't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello can't recognize camera: Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?...
  9. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On: This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera." The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello. I tried updating the drivers but all...
  10. Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.: I checked the device manager it said working properly. so I go to setup my fingerprint and it is not available to detect my fingerprint on this device. I have tried other product. It used to work fine. Now it won't work after I updated the new version of windows. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello camera compatibility

2. internal camera not working windows 10

3. windows cant detect my face

4. windows hello cant enable my camera,
  5. windows cant detect my windows hello camera,
  6. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face,
  7. windows hello cant see my camera