Windows 10: WIndows Hello can't find my account

Discus and support WIndows Hello can't find my account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am signed into my microsoft account on my desktop and I'm also signed in online. I am attempting to add a fingerprint scan but it is still making me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GabeSchwartz3, Jul 18, 2020.

1. WIndows Hello can't find my account

I am signed into my microsoft account on my desktop and I'm also signed in online. I am attempting to add a fingerprint scan but it is still making me enter my pin even after my finger is recognized. In my settings, it says I don't even have a pin created even though I use one to log in with. When I try to create the pin from settings, it has me log in with microsoft user and password and then asks me to confirm my pin the one I log in with, then takes me to a new login page where when I enter my email and it tells me it's not in the microsoft system aka the account doesn't exist. When I try to activate windows Hello from the website, it asks me to log in to my microsoft account on my computer even though I'm already logged in and the "next" box is greyed out. What should I do?

:)

GabeSchwartz3, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 18, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

WIndows Hello can't find my account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown WIndows Hello can't find my account :(

Zakin, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

WIndows Hello can't find my account

1. WIndows Hello can't find my account - Similar Threads - Hello can't find

2. I can't find my user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my user account: I've been using my Windows 10 desktop for some time and recently I created another user account that doesn't require a password. Today when I opened it, I couldn't find my first account. At first, I thought it got deleted but when I went to the setting it required the...
  3. I can't find my user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my user account: I've been using my Windows 10 desktop for some time and recently I created another user account that doesn't require a password. Today when I opened it, I couldn't find my first account. At first, I thought it got deleted but when I went to the setting it required the...
  4. I can't find my user account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor: Hey everyone.I have a new Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5 with a fingerprint sensor. Suddenly it the login option for the fingerprint stopped working and I can only enter my account using my PIN.I tried some solution which worked only temporarily like the registry editor policy, and...
  6. Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello can't seem to find the fingerprint sensor: Hey everyone.I have a new Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5 with a fingerprint sensor. Suddenly it the login option for the fingerprint stopped working and I can only enter my account using my PIN.I tried some solution which worked only temporarily like the registry editor policy, and...
  7. Can't find my user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find my user account: Where is my user account?c:\Users \Default \Public \UserShoukdn't I have a folder named kberg or something like that?I tried to create a new user but it goes into a perpetual loop of adding me then asking if I want to be added....
  8. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  9. I can't find Windows Hello in Sign-In Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't find Windows Hello in Sign-In Options: I can't find Windows Hello Option in Setting>Sign-In Options. Before update my Windows 10, there is no problem with my fingerprint scanner and i can log in, but after Update, I still can scan my fingerprint but i can't log in, and so i need to enter my password. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera: I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?...