Windows 10: Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

Discus and support Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PhilBernstein, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

:)

PhilBernstein, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to use camera?

Follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Windows can't find or start the camera

Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

Windows Hello- camera not turning on

Hi Willamsmary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and mode of the computer?
    I would like to inform you that this issue could have occurred due to incorrect settings.

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...n-in-and-accounts/windows-hello?os=windows-10

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

1. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On - Similar Threads - Hello Can't Turn

2. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  3. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  4. Windows hello can't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello can't recognize camera: Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?...
  5. Windows Hello Cannot turn on the camera.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Cannot turn on the camera.: All of the issues I see about this are from 2017. I have an Alienware with Windows 10. The camera was working fine until just a few days ago. I can turn the camera on using the app on the computer. In fact I just participated in a zoom meeting. I saw a post where...
  6. Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.: I was trying to set up Windows Hello Face on my laptop, but it was unable to turn on the built-in camera. The camera is recognized and works in the Windows Camera app, and I can use it anywhere else, but Windows Hello cannot turn it on. I don't know what the problem...
  7. Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera": I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I have been unable to get this feature to work, I just get the message "Sorry, something went wrong Couldn't turn on the...
  8. can't turn on the camera

can't turn on the camera: can't turn on the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-the-camera/9c1199e0-ffc9-47d2-ba1f-718397fd63a3
  9. Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...: after an update in November 2018 I have not been able to use windows hello face recognition to start my Dell which I bought in February 2018 with windows 10 installed and used windows hello without issue until November what has caused this to stop working and is there a...
  10. Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera": I did update all my drivers and windows updates - my camera is working fine in the app i have a Microsoft surface book running Microsoft windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello cant turn camera on

2. cant turn on camera hello

3. cant turn on camera for hello

4. cant turn camera on windows hello,
  5. I cant Windows Phone windows hello turn on my camera,
  6. windows hello cannot turn on camera