Windows 10: Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

Discus and support Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I couldn't find face driver folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HimonMiah, Oct 18, 2021.

1. HimonMiah Win User

Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

I couldn't find face driver folder.

:)

HimonMiah, Oct 18, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Hello can't find camera, prevents options from being shown

Hi, Windows Hello requires a camera that meets quite tight requirements which are, unfortunately not very clearly stated.

I would consult your manufacturer as to its compatibility with Hello.

Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

dalchina, Oct 18, 2021
  3. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsc...n-the-windows-camera-app-fails-to-launch.aspx

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Thanks. Installing the driver in Compatibility mode really helped. I can now use the camera with no problem (HP ProBook 4510s, with no driver for Windows 10 available).

Miguel FDZ, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

1. Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found - Similar Threads - Hello compatible camera

2. Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11: Hello! I have an Asus Q540VJ Laptop with Windows 11 22H2, which doesn't natively support Windows Hello Facial Recognition because it does not have an IR Camera. Because of this, I have purchased 2 IR Webcams that boast WIndows Hello Compatibility. Unfortunately, neither has...
  3. Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11: Hello! I have an Asus Q540VJ Laptop with Windows 11 22H2, which doesn't natively support Windows Hello Facial Recognition because it does not have an IR Camera. Because of this, I have purchased 2 IR Webcams that boast WIndows Hello Compatibility. Unfortunately, neither has...
  4. Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found: I couldn't find face driver folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-compatible-camera-cant-be-found/22627f1b-cee7-4966-ad15-7ede47580415
  5. Hello Face Compatible Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Compatible Camera: I just opened my brand new surface laptop go and the face ID is not working. There is an error about not being able to find a compatible camera. I see all kinds of posts about how to easily fix by installing drivers. I did not have to do this with my surface touch pro...
  6. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  7. Windows Hello - no compatible camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - no compatible camera: Hello, For about a month now, I have not been able to log in with Windows Hello face recognition. Under the logon options it says something like: "No Windows Hello Face Recognition compatible camera was found". Before it stopped working at all, the camera recognition didn't...
  8. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera: I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?...
  9. Windows Hello No Compatible Camera Found

Windows Hello No Compatible Camera Found: I just recently purchased a razer blade 15 2019 base model, and Windows hello facial recognition isn't working. It says "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello." I have been looking online for solutions and it seems that running the web cam driver in...
  10. Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found anymore

Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found anymore: Hey, a couple of days ago my Windows Hello compatible camera stopped working all of a sudden. On the Windows lock screen I see a message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please login with your PIN" and in the Sign-in options in settings I see "We couldn't find a camera...