Windows 10: Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

Discus and support Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by __Jules__, Jun 4, 2019.

1. __Jules__ Win User

Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I have been unable to get this feature to work, I just get the message "Sorry, something went wrong Couldn't turn on the camera. Make sure it's working properly".

The camera works as a webcam, but is not working for Windows Hello. When this message pops up, the camera IR sensor is flashing red. I have contacted Logitech, but the only suggestion I've had is to update the firmware. I cannot do this either because the BRIO Firmware Update software just says "device not found".

I have tried all of the suggestions I have found online about changing the driver to one already installed on the PC, etc. I have tried the camera on two computers. One is Windows 10 Pro version 1809 OS build 17763.529, the other is Windows 10 Pro version 1903 OS build 18362.145

Please could someone help getting Windows Hello working on this camera?

Many thanks,

Jules.

:)

__Jules__, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

PhilBernstein, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to use camera?

Follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Windows can't find or start the camera

Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera" - Similar Threads - Hello turn camera

2. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10: Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn onCamera on Windows 10Ive gone through the standard fixes, and had it working for awhile, but it seems that anytime WINDOWS updates are applied, it stops working and now it cant be reset, again. the computer is shared with another user who has...
  3. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10: Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn onCamera on Windows 10Ive gone through the standard fixes, and had it working for awhile, but it seems that anytime WINDOWS updates are applied, it stops working and now it cant be reset, again. the computer is shared with another user who has...
  4. Fix Windows Hello Could Not Turn on Camera on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera": I have verified that the camera works because it is detected by the program from the manufacturer Logitech G Hub and the camera turns on and works fine in the camera app and in third party applications....
  6. Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly": [ATTACH]So I have had this problem for forever, Ive Updated to the latest software, Updated my drivers, and even looked through community tabs similar to this one. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. winndos hello could not acsess camera

winndos hello could not acsess camera: I was setting up face rec but Microsoft could not acsess camera WHY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winndos-hello-could-not-acsess-camera/2b12b2e0-de31-4df6-aa00-0e3a1a8fa46a
  8. Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...: after an update in November 2018 I have not been able to use windows hello face recognition to start my Dell which I bought in February 2018 with windows 10 installed and used windows hello without issue until November what has caused this to stop working and is there a...
  9. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On: This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera." The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello. I tried updating the drivers but all...
  10. Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera": I did update all my drivers and windows updates - my camera is working fine in the app i have a Microsoft surface book running Microsoft windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech brio wont turn on

2. could not turn on camera windows hello

3. hello could not turn on camera

4. Windows hello error could not turn on camera,
  5. windows hello cannot turn on camera,
  6. could not turn the camera with Windows hello,
  7. logitech brio microsoft hello unable to turn camera on,
  8. fix windows hello couldnt turn camera