Windows 10: Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

Discus and support Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; after an update in November 2018 I have not been able to use windows hello face recognition to start my Dell which I bought in February 2018 with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MushNiki, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MushNiki Win User

Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

after an update in November 2018 I have not been able to use windows hello face recognition to start my Dell which I bought in February 2018 with windows 10 installed and used windows hello without issue until November what has caused this to stop working and is there a fix???

:)

MushNiki, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

PhilBernstein, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

couldnt sign in hello camera

Hi Jess,

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or a touch. There can be several reasons why you're experiencing this issue with Windows Hello. It can be due to your antivirus
    software that's blocking your camera or webcam or it could be an outdated webcam driver. However, we would like to ask for additional details to provide you the most appropriate assistance. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you provide us the exact error message?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?
    • Were there any changes prior to this issue such as recent Windows update or a newly installed software?

Should there be anything else, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera...

1. Windows Hello couldnt turn on camera... - Similar Threads - Hello couldnt turn

2. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face: Im trying to setup my surface pro with windows hello face, but i get this message?any help would be greatly appreciatedwe couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face...
  3. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face: Im trying to setup my surface pro with windows hello face, but i get this message?any help would be greatly appreciatedwe couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face...
  4. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible

Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible: hello my name is Jannetta, i need help to fix my windows hello face. i have tried to install helloface.inf, but it doesnt work Please help me[ATTACH] this is the command [ATTACH]...
  6. We couldnt find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

We couldnt find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: PLEASE HELP I am pulling my hair out. I have a Lenovo x230 Tablet running win10 pro. I have been looking for a fix for this error for 2 days. I have tried the gpedit, services.msc, reloaded win10 pro. Nothing has worked, Camera drivers are installed, biometiric drivers are...
  7. we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello

we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello: is microsoft going to fix this - we couldnt find a camera compatible for hello brand new inspiron and this happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-for-hello/ee95104f-ccfa-4da7-bcc8-32048f039419
  8. Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera": I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I have been unable to get this feature to work, I just get the message "Sorry, something went wrong Couldn't turn on the...
  9. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On: This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera." The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello. I tried updating the drivers but all...
  10. Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - "Couldn't turn on the camera": I did update all my drivers and windows updates - my camera is working fine in the app i have a Microsoft surface book running Microsoft windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763...