Windows 10: Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that

Discus and support Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Even if my computer recognizes me, it still makes me enter a PIN anyway. If I click "Sign in options" and select Windows Hello, it looks for me, sees... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brancliff, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that

Even if my computer recognizes me, it still makes me enter a PIN anyway. If I click "Sign in options" and select Windows Hello, it looks for me, sees I'm there, smiles, and then doesn't do anything.

My computer is a cheeky bastard apparently

submitted by /u/Brancliff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brancliff, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Apr 5, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that

Windows hello reconizes me but wont dismiss lock screen on pc after recent Windows 10 update

Hi Miguel,

It could be that the settings for Windows Hello to ask the password was changed that is why it is not dismissing the lock screen. Some users have resolved this by checking the settings and making sure that Windows is required to use a password "every time"
    and not every 15 or 30 minutes. It would be possible that if the settings are set with certain minutes, the system would wait for that time before it dismisses the lock screen. We suggest in checking this setting to see if it helps.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that

1. Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that - Similar Threads - Hello doesn't dismiss

2. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  3. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  4. How to enable screensaver even though full-screen mode is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable screensaver even though full-screen mode is on: I would like to be able to have a PDF picture displayed in full-screen mode on a 2nd monitor yet still allow the system to turn off the display screensaver after a certain time e.g. 2 hours.The screensaver does work to shut down the monitors, as configured, but as soon as I...
  5. How to enable screensaver even though full-screen mode is on

How to enable screensaver even though full-screen mode is on: I would like to be able to have a PDF picture displayed in full-screen mode on a 2nd monitor yet still allow the system to turn off the display screensaver after a certain time e.g. 2 hours.The screensaver does work to shut down the monitors, as configured, but as soon as I...
  6. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  7. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  8. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows": Did update on Surface pro and now can't get past "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows". Can't get back into my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dismiss-the-lock-screen-to-sign-back-into-windows/ebceed6c-9d22-4a71-830e-5c696f65b560
  10. Space/enter not dismissing lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Space/enter not dismissing lock screen: I'm having an issue that happens completely randomly where when I open my laptop and the lock screen appears (normal) but then pressing Space or Enter does not dismiss it; I have to use the mouse or slide up on the touch screen. I did a bit of searching and came across this...