Windows 10: Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement

Discus and support Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Howdy, 1909 We use Windows Hello for Business to log on and I have it setup with a PIN and Fingerprint. I had to have the motherboard replaced on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kelemvor, May 22, 2020.

1. Kelemvor Win User

Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement

Howdy,

We use Windows Hello for Business to log on and I have it setup with a PIN and Fingerprint. I had to have the motherboard replaced on my Dell XPS15 and now WHfB no longer works. If I go into the Accounts section and choose Sign-In Options, it shows everything with "This option is currently Unavailable".

I know it uses something with the TPM chip but my Bitlocker works just fine so I don't think TPM is the problem unless I need to reset something because the WHfB info was in the old TPM chip which is no longer there.

If I click on Fingerprint, it shows "Something went wrong. Try again later."
    If I click on PIN, it shows "This sign-in option is only available when connected to your organization's network". I am connected to VPN and everything else is working just fine.

I looked in the NGC folder that I saw mentioned in other places but it is empty.

If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know

Thanks.

:)

Kelemvor, May 22, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 22, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, May 22, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello doesn't work after a motherboard replacement - Similar Threads - Hello doesn't motherboard

2. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...
  3. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...
  4. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint not working after motherboard replacement XPS 7590

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint not working after motherboard replacement XPS 7590: I am using a XPS 7590 and after a motherboard replacement, neither of Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Fingerprint works properly. They both show: "We couldn't find a camera/fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint."Current situation:1. The...
  6. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  7. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  8. Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard

Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard: Some backstory before I start- Back in June of 2018 I bought a prebuilt Cyberpower pc. After 2 years the motherboard died, so I replaced it. After booting it up, I have a little thing in the bottom right hand corner of my screen that says, "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to...
  9. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...