Windows 10: Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro

Discus and support Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I tried all fixes ways to setup windows hello on my Surface 6 Pro but gives me always: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wgohar, Oct 21, 2019.

1. wgohar Win User

Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro

Hi,

I tried all fixes ways to setup windows hello on my Surface 6 Pro but gives me always:

"We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello face" Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro 53543032-95c8-4a1a-be75-21c21e38289a?upload=true.png

:)

wgohar, Oct 21, 2019

2. Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Hello,

I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance.

HarunHarun1, Oct 21, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use the Face ID on your Surface Pro 6, we will look into this for you. We would like to know if you are aware of any changes on the computer recently.

However, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select
      Install
    4. Restart the computer.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro - Similar Threads - Hello doesn't Surface

2. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: I have a Surface Pro 6 and it's cameras are not working .I went into Device Manager and I found out that in System Devices the cameras were having problems such as, This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREand Device not migrated.Can someone please give me...
  3. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  4. Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working

Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It just turned off and won't turn back on, even though I've done what others have suggested for similar problems force restarts,...
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working: 2 days ago, the Windows Hello Face stopped working on my Surface Pro 6 When I go into the sign-in options screen, it has: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" The camera is working fine for Skype! I've never had this problem until 2 days ago...
  6. Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working

Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working: Hello everyone, First off, I'd like to say I've tried all of the following: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/window-hello-doesnt-work-says-sorry-something-went/c080309c-2b4f-4fb3-8099-76861815c33e...
  7. Surface Pro 6 Screen Rotation Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 6 Screen Rotation Doesn't Work: The auto rotation was disabled. In action centre, the rotation lock button is greyed out, and there's no rotation lock switch in Setting. How can I fix this problem....
  8. Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working: Hello, I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance....
  9. Surface Pro 6?

Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  10. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello