Windows 10: Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile

Discus and support Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10. After the upgrade fingerprint recognition no longer worked. I have tried resetting fingerprint access by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DWRDS, Feb 16, 2022.

1. DWRDS Win User

Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile

I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10. After the upgrade fingerprint recognition no longer worked. I have tried resetting fingerprint access by removing the existing profile through settings. When trying to create a new profile the Windows Hello setup box opens but does not do anything after entering the pin number. As a result I cannot add a new fingerprint profile.Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.System infoWindows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile :Dell XPS 15 9570, windows 11 version 10.0.22000

:)

DWRDS, Feb 16, 2022

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint issues after creating new user

We appreciate your response. To remove all of the stored fingerprints on your computer, we suggest that you create a new account to be able to access your desktop. Once done, follow the steps provided by

JakubKasperek
    on June 30, 2016.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Feb 16, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 16, 2022
  4. Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile

Windows Hello Fingerprint issues after creating new user

I was using Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint to sign into my user account. For work reasons I had to delete that user account and create a new one on the same laptop.

Hello will not allow me to scan the same fingers that I used in my previous account and when I scan new fingers it states "Sorry something went wrong..." and sends me back to where I started.

Any ideas how I can profile my fingerprints in Hello from scratch?

TonyMuscat, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile

1. Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile - Similar Threads - Hello error Cannot

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable on my windows profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable on my windows profile.: I made a local account separately, and it is available on there. I tried updating biometrics driver, uninstalling, reinstalling it, restarting the service, and every other solution listed online. I can't even select the remove option as it is greyed out.. It simply says the...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable on my windows profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable on my windows profile.: I made a local account separately, and it is available on there. I tried updating biometrics driver, uninstalling, reinstalling it, restarting the service, and every other solution listed online. I can't even select the remove option as it is greyed out.. It simply says the...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint setup cannot be completed

Windows Hello Fingerprint setup cannot be completed: Whenever I try to setup fingerprint authentication on my Dell Latitude 7390, I get a message that says "Sorry, something went wrong" precisely after touching the fingerprint sensor 4 times. The 5th one always produces this error and exits the setup. I have uninstalled and...
  5. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  6. Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello error - Cannot create new fingerprint profile: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10. After the upgrade fingerprint recognition no longer worked. I have tried resetting fingerprint access by removing the existing profile through settings. When trying to create a new profile the Windows Hello setup box opens but does...
  7. cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint: My Huawei Matebook 14 AMD cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint. I have updated my device. It has worked properly before. I dont know what happen. What can I do to make it work again?...
  8. Windows Hello Face and fingerprint error

Windows Hello Face and fingerprint error: I had see 2 options sign in were error so it said '' Something went wrong. Try again later" so can you help me fix this problem?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-error/b9b8ad80-1da8-41d8-8f0d-46b11c826b3f
  9. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  10. cannot create Window hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create Window hello: I created a new Admin Account and tried to set up Windows Hello on this new account. But the system says that Windows Hello is created on the different account and I should remove it. But the problem is that I don’t have other accounts on this computer....