Windows 10: Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update

Discus and support Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have HP Envy x360 less than 1 year old. After most recent windows update on my computer a couple days ago I now don't have the option to sign in via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jsr8716, Apr 22, 2020.

1. jsr8716 Win User

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update

I have HP Envy x360 less than 1 year old. After most recent windows update on my computer a couple days ago I now don't have the option to sign in via fingerprint like I always have. When I go to the settings I see it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." It also shows the same message with Windows Hello Face..."Could not find a camera compatible..."

What happened, and how do I fix it?

:)

jsr8716, Apr 22, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Apr 22, 2020
  3. L.ENI. Win User
    Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

The Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint feature was working on my HP Envy and now it is not working and it says that my laptop camera/fingerprint scanner is not compatible, when it was working less than 12 hours ago. When I look into how to reconnect or find
    Window Hello Fingerprint/Face biometrics the only help I get is to the Windows 10 sign-in options.
    I need to know how and were to find the Windows Hello Face/fingerprint biometrics management settings that is not in the sign-in options, but is how to re-download it or check it's compatibility status with my laptop.

L.ENI., Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update

fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update

1. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update - Similar Threads - Hello Face Fingerprint

2. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint and face: Can't access My window hello fingerprint and face, showing "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compactible with windows hello fingerprint and face respectively...
  3. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window hello fingerprint and face: Can't access My window hello fingerprint and face, showing "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compactible with windows hello fingerprint and face respectively...
  4. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  6. fingerprint and windows hello face not working.

fingerprint and windows hello face not working.: Hi there,My fingerprint scanner on my dell vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to...
  7. Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint: Can anybody help me out by telling me whether Lenovo Ideapad 3 AMD 3020e contain fingerprint sensor or IR camera ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facefingerprint/59d6e4b0-a76f-49ce-ad0c-aa1e8d974917
  8. Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint: The Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint feature was working on my HP Envy and now it is not working and it says that my laptop camera/fingerprint scanner is not compatible, when it was working less than 12 hours ago. When I look into how to reconnect or find Window Hello...
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working

windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working: my windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working. Its saying this option is currently unavailable. I am having ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-setup-not/e32e02b9-d095-45f6-b474-be672f7ce6bb
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face: Hi! When I set up my Asus Vivobook it allowed me to set a fingerprint, but when I go into log-in settings it says Windows Hello is not available on this device. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint option not showing