Windows 10: Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

Discus and support Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NajiMurad, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM.

1. NajiMurad Win User

Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on the same PC. I've tried: updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling device, resetting PC, and some other things.

:)

2. Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

The face and fingerprint recognition are disabled on my Lenovo laptop and I am unable to turn these options again. I receive a message in ‘Sign-in Options’ that ‘face and fingerprint recognition are not available
    on this device’. I suppose it is due to the failure of my Lenovo fingerprint reader. I can use my laptop signing is through the password and pin. But I want to be able to use face and fingerprint
    recognition in Windows hello

3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:34 AM
  4. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

Windows hello facial recognition not available on HP envy notebook

Hello-

I recently needed to reinstall windows 10 on my HP envy notebook. Facial recognition through Windows Hello worked before the reinstall; now my settings say "Face and fingerprint recognition not available on this device". How can I get facial recognition
    working again? Thanks!

Thema:

Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

1. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device. - Similar Threads - Hello Face fingerprint

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work: I'm working on a brand new Dell XPS 8930 Desktop (i7-8700K, 64GB RAM). The computer is working very well except this one issue that is becoming really annoying. I bought a webcam on Amazon that supports Windows Hello Face recognition (I used the same one on other computers...
  3. Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.

Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.: My Lenovo yoga 520 has stopped fingerprint recognition. Windows Hello says "not available on this device". It was working fine before driver updates and windows update. Help....
  4. face recognition

face recognition: I have already set face recognition to my account and I have deleted user account on my laptop, now I try to make new face recognition on my laptop I receive massage that I have already setup window hello on another account and request me to remove face recognition from my...
  5. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3
  6. Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared: After Windows 10 version 1803 update, 1.) fingerprint scanner has disappeared 2.) Windows Hello isn't available on this device (Acer Swift 3) 3.) In Device Manager, Egistec Touch fingerprint sensor and Intel Thermal Framework Manager shows Code 19 error (Windows cannot start...
  7. fingerprint recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint recognition: since the windows 10 update today the fingerprint scan is not recognizing my fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/fingerprint-recognition/aea47499-7e1c-4201-904e-5e956fc96c85"
  8. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...
  9. Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop: I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me...
  10. Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10: I'm being lame. A newbee. I can't find where to post a question. This is first spot close to my dilemma where I see a place to type. I just bought a HP Envy x360/Windows 10 and set up voice recognition lock screen, while also provinding a pin. I want to be able to have a...