Windows 10: Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

Discus and support Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NajiMurad, Jul 12, 2019.

1. NajiMurad Win User

Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on the same PC. I've tried: updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling device, resetting PC, and some other things.

:)

NajiMurad, Jul 12, 2019

2. Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

The face and fingerprint recognition are disabled on my Lenovo laptop and I am unable to turn these options again. I receive a message in ‘Sign-in Options’ that ‘face and fingerprint recognition are not available
    on this device’. I suppose it is due to the failure of my Lenovo fingerprint reader. I can use my laptop signing is through the password and pin. But I want to be able to use face and fingerprint
    recognition in Windows hello

BradenPerez, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

Windows hello facial recognition not available on HP envy notebook

Hello-

I recently needed to reinstall windows 10 on my HP envy notebook. Facial recognition through Windows Hello worked before the reinstall; now my settings say "Face and fingerprint recognition not available on this device". How can I get facial recognition
    working again? Thanks!

AaronLinton, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

1. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device. - Similar Threads - Hello Face fingerprint

2. Windows Security not showing Windows Hello face recognition or fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not showing Windows Hello face recognition or fingerprint: Hi,in the Google Chrome password manager, I have enabled the Windows Hello prompt in order to reveal passwords.However, when I try to do so, I get the Windows Security pop-up asking me to input my account's password, and I have no option to use my fingerprints or the face...
  3. Windows Security not showing Windows Hello face recognition or fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not showing Windows Hello face recognition or fingerprint: Hi,in the Google Chrome password manager, I have enabled the Windows Hello prompt in order to reveal passwords.However, when I try to do so, I get the Windows Security pop-up asking me to input my account's password, and I have no option to use my fingerprints or the face...
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  6. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available: Hello,I have not updated my laptop and camera still works fine but getting the issue below, I have checked if any outstanding updates required and they are none...
  7. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available: Hello,I have not updated my laptop and camera still works fine but getting the issue below, I have checked if any outstanding updates required and they are none...
  8. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  10. Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint currently not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint currently not available: I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note Flex this week, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint, it says "This option is currently unavailable", and "Something went wrong-- try again later" Below, it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello says fingerprint sensor not available on device what to do

2. face and fingerprint are not available on this device

3. face and finger print are not available on this device

4. windows hello finger print this option is currently not available,
  5. face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device error,
  6. windows hello preventing some options hp,
  7. windows hello fingerprint currently not available,
  8. acer swift 3 face recognition failure,
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint devices,
  10. windows hello is preventing some options,
  11. face and fingerprint are not available,