Windows 10: Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a Specter x360 today, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint, it says "This option is currently unavailable", and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VanessaJH, Aug 17, 2019.

1. VanessaJH Win User

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable

I just bought a Specter x360 today, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint, it says "This option is currently unavailable", and "Something went wrong-- try again later"

Below, it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown"

I've troubleshooted my device, and I have the latest Windows update. Since I just bought it, I don't think it's any virus or bug.

Thanks for all help!

:)

VanessaJH, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Remove old fingerprint/face from deleted account

Hi,

Windows is specifically configured to keep Windows Hello biometric data secure and hard to tamper with. The data is kept locally on the device and in the event that the associated account is deleted, we suggest using a different finger to setup Windows Hello
    again. Just to confirm, have you already tried using the fingerprint from a different finger?

In case you're still unable to set up Windows Hello using a different fingerprint, follow these steps to delete the data:

• Click Start.
    • Type Services and select it from the list of results.
    • Right-click the Windows Biometrics Service from the list and click
      Stop.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase.
    • Delete all the .DAT files in the folder. If you can't see anything in the folder, click the
      View tab in File Explorer and check Hidden Items.
    • After deleting the .DAT files, try setting up Windows Hello again.

Let us know if you're able to setup Windows Hello after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi,

It's odd for your fingerprint not to work after your computer wakes up from sleep mode. The power management settings could have something to do with it. Let's isolate your concern by modifying the power management through Device Manager. Simply follow the
    steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, then select
      Device Manager.
    • locate your fingerprint reader, it should be in Biometric Devices section.
    • Right click the fingerprint reader, then choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab, then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Click OK.

We also suggest disabling and enabling the Credential Manager service. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, then type in services.msc.
    • Look for Credential Manager service, then double click on it.
    • Under General tab, Select Stop.
    • Once you've stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable

1. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello Face Fingerprint

2. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable: Hi In my computer when I try to setup the windows hello fingerprint in settings I am seeing Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable error message. I need to setup this for security purpose. Kindly help me out...
  3. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable: Hi In my computer when I try to setup the windows hello fingerprint in settings I am seeing Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable error message. I need to setup this for security purpose. Kindly help me out...
  4. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window hello fingerprint and face

Window hello fingerprint and face: Can't access My window hello fingerprint and face, showing "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compactible with windows hello fingerprint and face respectively...
  6. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable: My fingerprint scanner has stopped working can someone please help me. I tried Microsoft Contact Support and was waiting for someone to chat with me, waiting over an hour and being 1 in queue.....I gave up waiting. I can not find Biometric Services anywhere on my computer...
  8. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...
  9. Windows hello Fingerprint and Face currently unavailable

Windows hello Fingerprint and Face currently unavailable: hello, My Fingerprint and Face sing in is currently unavailable, just after I update windows 10. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-and-face-currently/cec01a5a-35e1-477e-993f-1a202a54f18e
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face: Hi! When I set up my Asus Vivobook it allowed me to set a fingerprint, but when I go into log-in settings it says Windows Hello is not available on this device. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello face unavailable

2. windows hello fingerprint and camera unavailable

3. windows hello fingerprint unavailable

4. windows hello face currently unavailable,
  5. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable,
  6. hello face and fingerprint not available,
  7. windows hello fingerprint currently unavailable?,
  8. windows hello fingerprint and face are unavailable,
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint are unavailable,
  10. camera and fingerprint unable to use for windows hello,
  11. windows hello fingerprint unavalible,