Windows 10: Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.

Discus and support Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ok, the drivers are updated. Hello Face used to work. Removed it. Camera doesn't come on to do a scan.Help!... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Devva, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Devva Win User

Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.

Ok, the drivers are updated. Hello Face used to work. Removed it. Camera doesn't come on to do a scan.Help!

:)

Devva, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on. [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows-Sicherheit: Microsoft Defender Antivirus und mehr | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Bob Grosh Win User

My "hello camera" won't turn on so the signing on by face recognition doesn't work. It just sits on "turning on camera" forever.

in step four I get the same "turning on camera" message , but the camera does not turn on.

The camera app does work though. it turns on the camera and takes photos and video.

This was working fine since I got the surface book. just stopped working an will not turn on the camera to retrain hello's face recognition.

please re-read the original question and anwer it.

Bob Grosh, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on. - Similar Threads - Hello Face Camera

2. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  3. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  4. Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera: I purchased this Webcam today, S/N 1200729. Windows Hello will not recognize the camera. Device manager tells me that the Elecom 2MP Webcam and the Elecom Face Authentication Cam are both present and operating properly using driver version 10.0.22000.708 dated 6/21/2006, and...
  5. Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera: I purchased this Webcam today, S/N 1200729. Windows Hello will not recognize the camera. Device manager tells me that the Elecom 2MP Webcam and the Elecom Face Authentication Cam are both present and operating properly using driver version 10.0.22000.708 dated 6/21/2006, and...
  6. Hello Face Compatible Camera

Hello Face Compatible Camera: I just opened my brand new surface laptop go and the face ID is not working. There is an error about not being able to find a compatible camera. I see all kinds of posts about how to easily fix by installing drivers. I did not have to do this with my surface touch pro...
  7. Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera

Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera: [ATTACH] Hi sir, Why is my windows 10 not compatible with windows hello face ? I asked many advisor but no one solve my problem. Your support is very poor....
  8. hello face and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello face and camera: i have a surface go with latest software. Hello face can't find a c ompatible camera - it worked k until a couple of days ago. I uninstalled camera and reinstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-and-camera/6b9f4517-960a-4553-b329-cc6c1ed04dcc
  9. Windows Hello Face Camera

Windows Hello Face Camera: I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup camera (face). It...
  10. Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.: I was trying to set up Windows Hello Face on my laptop, but it was unable to turn on the built-in camera. The camera is recognized and works in the Windows Camera app, and I can use it anywhere else, but Windows Hello cannot turn it on. I don't know what the problem...