Windows 10: Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

Discus and support Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by W4rriorwolf, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?

:)

W4rriorwolf, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    windows hello face problem...

Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs

4. Kaveh Z Win User

Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

Windows Hello Not Working,(We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face)

I was able to solve my problem!

I had the same problem. Mine started after either a windows update or Norton security updating something on my computer, then my surface studio could not recognize my driver for my hello windows. So I thought I could just uninstall it and restart windows
    and it would just refresh and reinstall the driver for the camera and the biosecurity stuff but it didn't so I ended up searching the web but I eventually solved it after reading so many forms.

I followed these steps. Step one did not work for me, but step 2 did. I had to re-register my face after deleting the data due to method one:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open

Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on

OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on

Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the

WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the

Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open

File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and

HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select

Install
    4. Restart the computer.

Kaveh Z, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

1. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera - Similar Threads - Hello face can't

2. Windows 11 - We can't find a camera compatible with Windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - We can't find a camera compatible with Windows hello face: Hi,I got samsung galaxy book 2 pro 360 yesterday. but somehow I can't set up windows hello face. Is there anybody can help me to setup it ok?Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 - We can't find a camera compatible with Windows hello face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - We can't find a camera compatible with Windows hello face: Hi,I got samsung galaxy book 2 pro 360 yesterday. but somehow I can't set up windows hello face. Is there anybody can help me to setup it ok?Thanks...
  4. We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have a laptop from Lenovo it is IdeaPad slim 3 Amd ryzen 5 5500u . I have it for a month I couldn't able to activate windows hello feature can anyone please help me on how to enable this feature.Model - Lenovo IdeaPad slim 3 AMD RYZEN 5 5500u...
  5. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  6. Hello Face Compatible Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Compatible Camera: I just opened my brand new surface laptop go and the face ID is not working. There is an error about not being able to find a compatible camera. I see all kinds of posts about how to easily fix by installing drivers. I did not have to do this with my surface touch pro...
  7. Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible

Windows Hello Face couldnt find a camera compatible: hello my name is Jannetta, i need help to fix my windows hello face. i have tried to install helloface.inf, but it doesnt work Please help me[ATTACH] this is the command [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  9. we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face

we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face: i have vostro 3580 and hello face is unavailable in my pc.it also doesn't show any driver update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-hello/e44f4871-f27d-45bf-86a2-83aae58a1f65
  10. Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera

Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera: [ATTACH] Hi sir, Why is my windows 10 not compatible with windows hello face ? I asked many advisor but no one solve my problem. Your support is very poor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello cant find a compatible camera

2. cant find a compatable camera for windows hello

3. windows 10 hello face compatible camera

4. we cannot find a camera compatiable with windows hell,
  5. windows hello cant find compatible camera