Windows 10: Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AC07800, Mar 24, 2020.

1. AC07800 Win User

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I enabled biometrics in the GP editor and made sure all software and drivers are updated but this still does not fix the issue. Oddly, I added a 2nd user admin account and that account allows for these options and later deleted it. Dell was of no help and could not reach Windows support.

Anyone have any solutions?

:)

AC07800, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Mar 24, 2020
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows hello Fingerprint and Face currently unavailable

hello,

My Fingerprint and Face sing in is currently unavailable, just after I update windows 10. can someone help me?

Tarlesda Rosa, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

1. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello Face Fingerprint

2. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  3. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  4. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  5. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  6. Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable: My Windows Hello Face was working perfectly until recently both my Windows Hello Face and the Windows Hello PIN stopped working, so I could only use my password to sign in. I tried to set it up again in settings but it says that "This option is currently unavailable", and...
  7. Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable: My Windows Hello Face was working perfectly until recently both my Windows Hello Face and the Windows Hello PIN stopped working, so I could only use my password to sign in. I tried to set it up again in settings but it says that "This option is currently unavailable", and...
  8. Windows Hello Face Sign in option unavailable

Windows Hello Face Sign in option unavailable: i have purchase new laptop and i want to login though hello face but it says "We can't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". What is the problem?. my camera option also not working properly. how can i fix the problem..... attached the file also. System Info...
  9. Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable': hi i have laptops running Win 10 ver 1909, all domain joined, i have no GPO's regarding sign in options and all laptops are unable to use the windows hello feature. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable

Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint Unavailable: I just bought a Specter x360 today, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint, it says "This option is currently unavailable", and "Something went wrong-- try again later" Below, it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown" I've...